Ballygar masses can be accessed via the internet on churchtvballygar.ie or via the radio on 105.4fm
The Parochial House telephone number is 090-6624637,
25th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Saturday 23rd September, 7.30pm – Martin & Delia Glesson
Sunday 24th September, 10.30am – Angela Keane and her son Barry.
Monday 25th September, 9.30am
Tuesday 26th September, 7.30pm
Thursday 28th September, 9.30am
Friday 29th September, 7.30pm
Saturday 30th September- Marriage
Saturday 30th September, 7.30pm – Josephine Nolan 1st Anniversary.
Sunday 1st October, 10.30am – May Maguire Sullivan and Dan, son Hugh and all the members of the Sullivan and Maguire families.
Sunday 24th September, 9.30am – Padraic Kinsella 2nd Anniversary.
Sunday 1st October, 9.30am – Mary Margaret and Josie Larkin.
Sunday, 24th September, 11.30am – Séamus Farrell and his mother, Mary, Ballaghlea;
Tommie & Agnes Crehan, Cloonshivna, & deceased members of the Crehan and Finneran families;
Mary Gavin (née Dowd), Tully Village; Cathy Dillon (née Naughton), Galway.
Wednesday 27th September, 8pm
Thursday 28th September, 8pm – Martie Healy 1st Anniversary
Friday 29th September, 8pm – Tom and Bridget Hynes, Killyan and their daughter Margaret from Birmingham
Sunday 1st October, 11am – Mass for the Season of Creation
- Youth Retreat – The next Youth 2000 retreat will take place on Lough Derg on the 29th Sept – 1st Oct (ages 16 – 35). Excellent Speakers, Inspiring Talks & Workshops, Fantastic music, Group activities, Youth Masses, Adoration, Reconciliation, prayer, Drama, Games & plenty of time to chill out, meet new people and find out what it means to be young & Catholic today! Meals WILL be provided for. Cost: €40 per person. More information about the retreat and link to book and pay youth2000.ie/ulster-regional-retreat2023/
- Diocese of Elphin Jubilee of Marriages – Inviting all couples celebrating the Anniversary of their marriage, especially those marking their Silver, Ruby, Golden and Diamond Anniversaries. On Sunday 15th October at 2.30pm in St Mary’s Church, Ballygar there will be Mass followed by light refreshments for all in attendance. Each couple celebrating an Anniversary will receive a certificate from Bishop Kevin, they are invited to register their details at www.elphindiocese.ie/jubilee2023. For those who have no access to email, you can register your interest with Fr. Douglas on 090-6624637/089-2522120.
- FREE Introduction to Computers (basic computers + internet skills), Tuesdays 4.00-6.00pm for 7 weeks. To book your place contact Bernie 085 2521 200 or Rachel 086 075 3098.
- Ballygar Ladies Club will return on Thursday 28th September @ 8pm in the Courthouse. All ladies welcome.
- Ballygar Hospice Coffee morning takes place in the Courthouse on Friday 29th September from 10am to 2pm. Your support would be greatly appreciated.
- Ballinamore Bridge Heritage Group cordially invite you to the unveiling of the memorial plaque to four local boys who tragically drowned in 1904. The unveiling takes place on the 24th of September at 3.00 PM in the car park.
- MOUNTBELLEW VINTAGE CLUB SHOW CANCELLED. Unfortunately the Vintage Show has been cancelled for this year. We hope to see you all next year.
- Adult Healthcare Support and Special Needs Assistant Course – Coláiste Mhuire Ballygar currently a Carers Course that includes Special Needs Assisting. The carers course is QQI Certified Level 5 and the SNA course is Level 6. The course will run from September to May, taking place each day from 9.40am to 1.15pm. For information or an application form, please contact the school at 090 6624740 or visit www.colaistemhuire.org
- Ballygar Truckin’ is Celebrating 10 Years and following on from the huge support we received for last year’s event, raising €30,000 for BNT Le Chéile and Friends of Oncology, Ballinasloe, we are delighted that this year’s fun filled event has been extended to 3 Days over the October Bank Holiday Weekend, from Friday 27th to Sunday 29th October, in Ballygar.We will be hosting a Truck & Tractor Run, Monster Auction, Vintage Display, with Bingo Loco, Declan Nerney, and Paul Kelly all live in the Mattie McDonagh Centre and there will be many more family fun activities happening throughout the weekend. This year, we have chosen to fundraise for: BNT Le Chéile and Roscommon Hospice. It is Ballygar Truckin’s aim to help raise vital funds to help both causes to continue the real and necessary care and support they provide to members of our community.If you require any further information relating to this event and ways to donate, please see our Social Media pages or contact any member of the committee.
- Fit Up Theatre Festival for Newbridge Hall – Resurrecting the tradition of the touring ‘Fit Up’ plays of the 50’s, Three Rings Theatre group are bringing 3 weeks of professional Theatre to rural communities. Newbridge Hall will host three plays over 3 weeks starting on Wednesday Sept 27th at 8pm with a comedy called ‘The Parish’ with actors Michael Ryan and Sean Kellegher. Week 2, Wed, Oct 4th sees ‘The Gombeen’ featuring Niamh Mc Grath and week 3 on Wed Oct 11th called ‘Wake’ performed by Irene Kellegher. Further information and booking at 087 9677732 / 087 2372820.
- Next Foot Clinic in Ballygar Pharmacy is 5th October. Call Deirdre 086 361 2578 or 09096 23430.
- Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw – Congratulations to Ursula Duggan, Mountbellew on winning €868. Next week’s draw in Hughes bar Ballinamore Bridge. Thanks to everyone for their continued support every week, 6 months and yearly envelopes available from committee members.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 10th Year Anniversary – Congratulations to Eileen Kelly, Newbridge who won €582 in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns Lotto. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw Saturday 23rd September in Morans
Bank Details – anyone wishing to Contribute by Direct Debit please use the following:
Ballygar Church – IBAN: IE02 BOFI 90370130537474
Newbridge Church – IBAN: IE87 BOFI 90370155385307
Toghergar Church: IBAN: IE41 BOFI 90370192573219
Priests Collection – IBAN: IE10 BOFI 90370172690426
Ballygar Offertory Collection €925.00,
Toghergar Offertory Collection €340.00,
Newbridge Offertory Collection €950.00
Received with thanks