Ballygar masses can be accessed via the internet on churchtvballygar.ie or via the radio on 105.4fm
The Parochial House telephone number is 090-6624637,
24th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Saturday 16th September, 7.30pm – Mickie Duffy and also remember Michael Hernan, Ballygar.
Sunday 17th September, 10.30am – Pauline Reilly and her sister Noreen, parents Mary & Michael and David Byrne.
Monday 18th September, 9.30am
Tuesday 19th September, 7.30pm
Thursday 21st September, 9.30am
Friday 22nd September, 7.30pm
Saturday 23rd September, 7.30pm – Martin & Delia Glesson
Sunday 24th September, 10.30am – Angela Keane and her son Barry.
Sunday 17th September, 9.30am – Nancy O’Connor and deceased family members of the O’Connor and Mulryan families.
Sunday 24th September, 9.30am – Padraic Kinsella, 2nd Anniversary
Sunday, 17th September, 11.30 a.m. – Frank Tormey, Carrownagappul; Jimmy and Annie Lohan,
Wednesday 20th September, 8pm
Friday 22nd September, 8pm. – Dominic Hegarty, Cornaveigh, Creggs and Mary Bridget Duke (née Hegarty), Castlecoote
Sunday, 24th September, 11.30am – Séamus Farrell and his mother, Mary, Ballaghlea;
Tommie & Agnes Crehan, Cloonshivna, & deceased members of the Crehan and Finneran families;
Mary Gavin (née Dowd), Tully Village; Cathy Dillon (née Naughton), Galway
Please remember in your prayers, Sr. Agnes Holmes OP, of Crossmolina, Co. Mayo, sister of the late Gerry Holmes. May she rest in peace.
- Youth Retreat – The next Youth 2000 retreat will take place on Lough Derg on the 29th Sept – 1st Oct (ages 16 – 35). Excellent Speakers, Inspiring Talks & Workshops, Fantastic music, Group activities, Youth Masses, Adoration, Reconciliation, prayer, Drama, Games & plenty of time to chill out, meet new people and find out what it means to be young & Catholic today! Meals WILL be provided for. Cost: €40 per person. More information about the retreat and link to book and pay youth2000.ie/ulster-regional-retreat2023/
- Eucharistic Healing Night taking place I’m Sacred Heart Church, Roscommon on Monday 18 th September @ 6.30 pm. Holy Rosary, Spiritual Talk, Holy Mass, Eucharistic Healing Cenacle, Healing Prayers and Confession. Don’t miss out on this wonderful opportunity to experience the Love of Jesus Christ, truly present in the Blessed Sacrament. All are invited.
- MOUNTBELLEW VINTAGE CLUB SHOW takes place on Sunday 24th September.
- Next Foot Clinic in Ballygar Pharmacy is 21st September call Deirdre 086 361 2578 to make an appointment.
- FREE Introduction to Computers (basic computers + internet skills), Tuesday 12th September 4.00-6.00pm for 7 weeks. To book your place contact Bernie 085 2521 200 or Rachel 086 075 3098
- Culture Night in Ballygar Friday 22nd September. Culture Night commences at 6pm with a display of local wildlife by Artist Shane Coyle. 8.15pm A representative from Coillte will speak about plans for Aghrane Forest. 9.15pm Shoot the Waters, a local trio of traditional musicians will perform
- Ballygar Ladies Club will return on Thursday 28th September @ 8pm in the Courthouse. All ladies welcome.
- Ballygar Hospice Coffee morning takes place in the Courthouse on Friday 29th September from 10am to 2pm. Your support would be greatly appreciated.
- Ballinamore Bridge Heritage Group cordially invite you to the unveiling of the memorial plaque to four local boys who tragically drowned in 1904. The unveiling takes place on the 24th of September at 3.00 PM in the car park.
- Adult Healthcare Support and Special Needs Assistant Course – Coláiste Mhuire Ballygar currently a Carers Course that includes Special Needs Assisting. The carers course is QQI Certified Level 5 and the SNA course is Level 6. The course will run from September to May, taking place each day from 9.40am to 1.15pm. Our PLC Open Day is 12th September. For information or an application form, please contact the school at 090 6624740 or visit www.colaistemhuire.org
- Ballygar Parent and Toddler –: are delighted to be back meeting after the summer break. We meet every Tuesday from 11am to 1.00pm in the Old School Building, Market Square, Ballygar F42 YA62. All parents are welcome. WEANING WORKSHOP 19th September 2023, 11am to 1.00pm, the group is holding a Weaning Workshop that will take place on Tuesday 19th September @ 11am to 1.00pm. For further details, contact 087 699 7076.
- GALWAY HOSPICE COFFEE MORNINGS: Thursday 21st September in the Caltra Inn 9am to 1pm and Saturday 23rd September in Hughes bar Ballinamore Br. 10am to 1pm
- Newbridge will celebrate National Culture Night in Newbridge Hall on Friday, Sept 22nd. Talk and slide show at 8.15pm by archaeologist Anne Carey from The National Monuments Service on the History of Killyan Graveyard and an Art Exhibition celebrating local artists runs from 7-10pm. All welcome to this free event and refreshments on the night. Contact 0872141170 for info.
- Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw – Congratulations to this week’s winner of the Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw Anastasia Kapakozoba c/o Shiven Inn on winning €900. Next week’s draw in Breslins Bar Ballygar. Thanks to everyone for their continued support every week, 6 months and yearly envelopes available from committee members.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 10th Year Anniversary – Congratulations Sabrina Kelly & Sean Keane, Turla, Ballymoe who won €548 in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns Lotto. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw Saturday 16th September in Martins.
Ballygar Offertory Collection €935.00,
Toghergar Offertory Collection €360.00,
Newbridge Offertory Collection €828.00
Received with thanks