Ballygar masses can be accessed via the internet on churchtvballygar.ie or via the radio on 105.4fm
The Parochial House telephone number is 090-6624637,
16th Sunday in Ordinary time
Saturday 22nd July, 7.30pm – Eamonn Kelly, Pound Road
Sunday 23rd July, 10.30am – Joe Galvin Anniversary
Monday 24th July, 9.30am
Tuesday 25th July, 7.30pm
Thursday 27th July, 9.30am
Friday 28th July, 7.30pm – deceased members of the Horan Family, Patrick, Bridget, Eamon, John, Vincent and Maureen.
Saturday 29th July, 1pm – Evelyn Traynor, Months Mind
Saturday 29th July, 7.30pm – Kevin Nolan Anniversary
Sunday 30th July, 10.30am – People of the Parish
Sunday 23rd July, 9.30am – Mary Kilcommons
Sunday 30th July, 9.30am – Maureen Hughes and daughter Mary, Annviersary
Sunday 23rd July, 11.30am – World Day for Grandparents and Elders; Mike, Evelyn, Nora and Timmy Kilcommins, Lisquell West and deceased family members. Jimmy Lohan, Cloonkeen.
Wednesday 26th July, 8pm
Friday 28th July, 8pm – Johnnie and Nora McNerney, Cloughbrack
Sunday 30th July, 11.30am – Annual Mass in Killyan Graveyard.
- Diocese of Elphin Jubilee of Marriages – Inviting all couples celebrating he Anniversary of their marriage, especially those marking their Silver, Ruby, Golden and Diamond Anniversaries. On Sunday 15th October at 2.30pm in St Mary’s Church, Ballygar there will be Mass followed by light refreshments for all in attendance. Each couple celebrating an Anniversary will receive a certificate from Bishop Kevin, they are invited to register their details at www.elphindiocese.ie/jubilee2023
- Knock Pilgrimage – The Annual Diocesan Pilgrimage to Knock Shrine takes place on Sunday 20th August with Anointing of the Sick at 2.30pm and Mass at 3.00pm in the Basilica.
- The National Grandparents’ Pilgrimage – will take place in Knock on Sunday 23 July – the World Day for Grandparents and the Elderly. All are welcome for this wonderful celebration of family and faith through the generations. The Principal Celebrant and Homilist will be Bishop Denis Nulty, Bishop of Kildare and Leighlin and Chair of the Bishops’ Council for Marriage and the Family. Music will be by the combined choirs of Knock Shrine who will be joined by Dana. ALL ARE WELCOME! For more information see www.catholicgrandparentsassociation.org
- Prayer for Grandparents – Lord Jesus, you were born of the virgin Mary, the daughter of Saints Joachim and Anne, look with love on grandparents the world over. Protect them! They are a source of enrichment for families, the Church and for all of society. Support them! As they grow older, may they continue to be for their family’s strong pillars of Gospel faith, guardians of noble domestic ideals, living treasuries of sound religious traditions. Make them teachers of wisdom and courage, may they pass on to future generations the fruits of their mature human and spiritual experience. Lord Jesus, help families and society to value the presence and roles of grandparents. May they never be ignored or excluded, but always encounter respect and love. Help them to live serenely and to feel welcomed in all the years of life which you give them. Mary, Mother of all living, keep grandparents constantly in your care, and by your prayers, grant that all families may one day be reunited in our heavenly homeland, where you await all humanity for the great embrace of life without end. Amen.
- Ballygar Cemetery – Ballygar Cemetery-Mass will be celebrated in Ballygar Cemetery on Sunday 13th August at 10.30am, weather permitting. In preparation for this there will be a general clean up on Saturday 29th July from 11am. Anyone tending to their relative’s graves, could you please tend to adjoining graves which may need attention. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
- Killyan Graveyard Annual Mass – will be celebrated at the graveyard on Sunday, 30th July, at 11.30 a.m. In the weeks beforehand, when you are tending the graves of your loved ones, please consider giving a little of your time to tidy the section of path/area nearby and the grave(s) which no longer have anyone left to tend to them. Thank you.
- MOUNTBELLEW VINTAGE CLUB SHOW – takes place on 30th July. All inquiries to Mike Joe Cunningham on 086 1016748.
- Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw – Congratulations Congratulations to this week’s winner of the Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw Laura Mitchell, Ballinamore Bridge on winning €583. Next week’s draw in Henry’s Bar Mountbellew. Thanks to everyone for their continued support every week, 6 months and yearly envelopes available from committee members.
For the 11th anniversary of NAC 50/50 draw there was extra prizes
1st draw- prepaid members €250 – Larry Dolan Mississippi
2nd draw- Laura Mitchell €583
3rd draw- all envelopes €250 – Aine Divilly
4th draw- all envelopes €100 – Declan Neary Ballygar
Thanks to everyone for their support for the last 11 years and here’s to many more.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 10th Year Anniversary – Congratulations to Padraig Cummins, Dysart who won €616 in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns Lotto. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw Saturday 22nd July in An Tobar.
Ballygar Offertory Collection €745.00
Toghergar Offertory Collection €355.00
Newbridge Offertory Collection €710.80
Received with thanks