Ballygar masses can be accessed via the internet on churchtvballygar.ie or via the radio on 105.4fm
The Parochial House telephone number is 090-6624637, email: email@example.com
13th Sunday in Ordinary time
Saturday 1st July, 7.30pm – Mary & Ned Hevehan Anniversary
Sunday 2nd July, 10.30am – People of the Parish
Monday 3rd July, 9.30am
Tuesday 4th July, 7.30pm
Thursday 6th July, 9.30am
Friday 7th July, 7.30pm
Saturday 8th July, 12pm – Baptism
Saturday 8th July, 7.30pm – Josie Mannion 3rd Anniversary
Sunday 9th July, 10.30am – People of the Parish
Sunday 2nd July, 9.30am – Annie & Marty Gordon and deceased family members
Sunday 9th July, 9.30am
Sunday 2nd July, 11.30 am – Maureen Delaney, Rookhill; Andy Murray, Kilclough
Wednesday 5th July, 8pm
Friday 7th July, 8pm – Mary Griffin (née Kilcommins), Ballinacor and Cork
Sunday 16th July, 11.30 am- Paddy, Martie, Mark, and Mary Ellen Crehan, Cappagh, and deceased members of the Crehan, Ryan and Lohan families
Sick and Housebound – Fr. Douglas to visit on Friday 7th July. If you or a family member would like Fr. Douglas to visit, please call on 09-6624637.
A special thank you to all who have contributed to the purchase of new Priests Vestments and altar linens. The vestments have been purchased and the altar linen will be purchased in the coming weeks.
Please remember in your prayers Evelyn Traynor (nee Ryan), Ballygar, may she rest in peace.
- All Pioneer Association Centres in Elphin Diocese – invited to send delegates to either of the following Diocesan Pioneer Association meetings (8- 9.30 pm): (i) Hannon’s Hotel, Roscommon, on Wednesday 5th July, or (ii) Gillooly Hall, Sligo, on Thursday 6th July, 8 – 9.30 pm. Committed Pioneers in parishes without an active Centre also welcome. Purpose of meeting: to discuss promotion and advancement of Pioneer Association in our parishes & diocese. For more info. please contact Justin 087 6171526 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- The National Grandparents’ Pilgrimage – will take place in Knock on Sunday 23 July – the World Day for Grandparents and the Elderly. All are welcome for this wonderful celebration of family and faith through the generations. The Principal Celebrant and Homilist will be Bishop Denis Nulty, Bishop of Kildare and Leighlin and Chair of the Bishops’ Council for Marriage and the Family. Music will be by the combined choirs of Knock Shrine who will be joined by Dana. ALL ARE WELCOME! For more information see www.catholicgrandparentsassociation.org
- BALLINAMORE BRIDGE/TOGHERGAR, BALLYGAR & NEWBRIDGE CHURCHES: MS IRELAND THANK YOU – The Local Branch of MS Ireland wishes to thank all who contributed so generously to the recent Church Gate Collection. Total amount raised in Ballinamore Bridge/Toghergar €150.77, Ballygar €219.06 and Newbridge €350.02. Thanks also to all who helped with the collections.
- Pro Life Mass, Rekindling The Gospel of Life – will be offered in Apparition Chapel, Knock Shrine, Co. Mayo on Saturday 8 th July at 12.30 p.m. The celebrant is Fr. Vincent Twomey SVD, Professor Emeritus of Moral Theology. Organised by Roscommon for Life group. Following Mass, people can informally meet in St. John’s Rest and Care centre where tea, coffee and snacks are available.
- Shiven Rovers Summer BBQ & Auction – in the Shiven Inn on Saturday 15th July. Tickets €10 each. Music by Steve Reilly: Food served from 8.30 pm to 10.30 pm. Tickets available from Club members.
- Ballygar Mental Health Awareness & Promotion – is a new Facebook page for the community- run by Louise Holian, it includes resources, info where you can access mental health related trainings and webinars from local and national organisation’s, info re counselling services and where to go for support both online and in person, podcasts and Youtube videos which may be useful and tips for positive coping strategies which may help getting through the day or the week. The aim is to reduce the stigma and for everyone to know they are not alone and help is always at hand whatever you may be going through. Louise who has lived experience herself and is currently studying Counselling & Psychotherapy is also always at the other end of a message too if anyone needs a chat. Please support and follow the page if on Facebook.
- MOUNTBELLEW VINTAGE CLUB SHOW – takes place on 30th July. All inquiries to Mike Joe Cunningham on 086 1016748. Also Club meeting every Friday night at 9.30pm in the Mountbellew Mart Canteen. New Members always welcome. Contact Fergal on 087 6725957, Eugene on 087-6401972 or Mike Joe on 086 1016748 for further information.
- Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw – Congratulations Molly, Katie& Laura Hannon on winning €543.Next week’s draw in Hughes Ballinamore bridge Thanks to everyone for their continued support every week, 6 months and yearly envelopes available from committee members. Next month Newbridge Action Committee host the draw for month of July &Thanks to the nature trail committee for hosting it for month of June.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 10th Year Anniversary – Congratulations Eddie & Ann Mongan, Plunkett Park who won €567 in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns Lotto. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw Saturday 1st July in Kennys.
Ballygar Offertory Collection €815,
Toghergar Offertory Collection €360
Newbridge Offertory Collection €648
Received with thanks