Ballygar masses can be accessed via the internet on churchtvballygar.ie or via the radio on 105.4fm
The Parochial House telephone number is 090-6624637.
7th Sunday of Easter
Saturday 20th May, 730pm – Mary & Tom Carty anniversary.
Sunday 21st May, 10.30am – Ascension of the Lord
Monday 22nd May, 9.30am – Special Intention
Tuesday 23rd May, 7.30pm
Thursday 25th May, 9.30am
Thursday 25th May, Colaiste Mhuire Graduation Mass
Friday 26th May, 7.30pm
Saturday 27th May, 7.30pm – Katie & Pake Mannion, Hermitage
Sunday 28th May, 10.30am – Pentecost Sunday
Sunday 21st May, 9.30am – Ascension of the Lord
Sunday 28th May, 9.30am – Pentecost Sunday
Saturday 20th May, 10.30am – Josephine Ward, Kilcoosh – Month’s Mind
Sunday 21st May, 11.30am – The Ascension of the Lord, First Holy Communion – Windfield N.S, Paddy McDermott, Lissavruggy – anniversary
Wednesday 24th May, 8pm – Mass for Examination Students
Friday 26th May, 8pm
Sunday 28th May, 11.30am – Pentecost Sunday
Pentecost Envelopes, which go towards our Priest’s salaries, are available in the Sacristy. Collectors please collect and distribute during the coming week.
Congratulations to the children of Ballygar NS who have eceived the sacrament of First Holy Communion. To their parents and teachers who help them prepare for this sacrament, thank you.
- ELPHIN DIOCESAN PILGRIMAGE TO LOURDES – ASSISTED PILGRIM SECTION – The Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes will take place from 23rd August 2023 to the 28th August, 2023 inclusive, under the leadership of Bishop Kevin Doran. Pilgrimage Highlights includes Mass at the Grotto, Torchlight and Blessed Sacrament Processions, Anointing of the Sick, Water Ceremony. Flights ex Knock Airport. The Pilgrimage includes the Assisted Pilgrim Section. Those who travel as part of the Assisted Pilgrim Section will stay in Accueil Notre Dame, which is situated near the Grotto and Sanctuary area. They will be cared for by the Elphin Diocesan Pilgrimage Care Team whilst in Lourdes. Application forms for the Assisted Pilgrim Section and full details are available from Very Rev. Ray Milton, P.P., Pilgrimage Director, St. John’s, Lecarrow, Co. Roscommon. (Telephone – 090 6661115). Closing date for receipt of completed Application Forms is Friday, 16th June 2023. All other enquiries in relation to the Pilgrimage can be directed to Joe Walsh Tours (JWT) at 01 2410800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Novena for Life – the Pray for Life Novena is an invitation to join thousands of people across Ireland to pray for the protection of human life, from Tuesday 23rd May to the Feast of the Visitation on Wednesday 31st May. Each day’s intention is accompanied by a short reflection and suggested actions to help build a culture of life in Ireland. Visit www.prayforlife.ie for the daily novena prayers which will also be posted on facebook.com/PrayforLifeNovena and @ChooseLifeIRL on Twitter. This is an initiative of the Council for Life of the Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference. You can also read the Bishops’ recent statement about the review of the Health Act 2018 (Regulation of Termination of Pregnancy) on www.elphindiocese.ie
- Exam Mass at Knock Shrine – For all students preparing for exams and their families. Take some time out from your studies for a quiet moment to ask for God’s strength and guidance as you move through your exam period. Bing your pencil case to have it blessed. June 5th, 7.30pm, Knock Basilica.
- Ballygar Ladies Club – meet next Thursday 25th May @ 8pm in The Courthouse. Guest speaker Lauren Naughton, Chartered Physiotherapist. All ladies welcome. Admission €3.
- North Galway Vintage & Heritage Club Mega Autojumble – takes place on Sunday 28th May starting at 9am in Glenamaddy Equestrian Centre, Glenamaddy, F45 VP66. Up to 50 autojumble stands in attendance. Indoor and outdoor spaces. Catering provided on the day. Traders by invitation only. Insurance must be provided prior to the event. Contact Danny on 087 2510622 or 086 8510445 / Paul 086 4088466. Email: NorthGalwayVintage@gmail.com
- “Time for Tea with Ballaghlea National School” – On Saturday, 10th June, between 4-6pm, Ballaghlea National School will host a Tea Party in the Mattie McDonagh Centre. Tickets for this fundraiser are 10euro. All tickets purchased (whether you attend or do not attend) will be entered into a raffle for amazing prizes Come and have a cup of tea with Ballaghlea! All welcome!
- The Annual Walk of Remembrance to reflect on the victims of An Gorta Mór will take place on Sunday May 21st starting in The Square Mountbellew at 6:30 pm and ending at the site of the Workhouse (Colaiste an Chreagain). All are invited to take part in the walk to remember family and neighbours who suffered during those dark times. This year we will have special guests from Australia whose ancestors were evicted in 1846 from their homes in Ballinlass. Donations can be made to Trocáire, Red Cross, Concern, St Vincent de Paul or a charity of your choice via their websites in memory of our ancestors and neighbours. More information: Martin Curley 089 416 4830
- Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw – Congratulations to this week’s winner of the Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw Sophie, Emma & Meghan Kelly c/o Eileen O’Connell on winning €410.Next week’s draw in The Thatch Ballygar.Thanks to everyone for their continued support every week, 6 months and yearly envelopes available.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 – Congratulations to Noreen & Eileen Burke, Killeroran who won €565 in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns 50/50 Draw. Hamper winner Alex Kelly, Ballygar. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw Saturday 20th May in Hughes.
Ballygar Offertory Collection €715.00,
Toghergar Offertory Collection €295.00
Newbridge Offertory Collection €790.00
Received with thanks