The Parochial House telephone number is 090-6624637,
ST MARYS CHURCH
Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Saturday 3rd February, 7.30pm – Maureen Connell and Jimmy Cuffe. Also remember Tadgh Mc Donagh who’s anniversary is at this time
Sunday 4th February, 10.30am – People of the Parish
MONDAY 5th FEBRUARY NO MASS
TUESDAY 6th FEBRUARY NO MASS
Thursday 8th February, 9.30am
Friday 9th February, 7.30pm – Kathleen Loughnane and deceased family members
Saturday 10th February, 12pm – Alan Egan Months Mind
Saturday 10th February, 7.30pm – Nonie Kenny and Winnie
Sunday 11th February, 10.30am – Our Lady of Lourdes World day of the Sick
ST BRENDANS CHURCH
Sunday 4th February, 9.30am
Sunday 11th February, 9.30am – Our Lady of Lourdes World day of the Sick
ST PATRICKS CHURCH
Sunday 4th February, 11.30am – Fr. Peter Mockler, Woodbrook and Mississippi;
Eileen Kilcommins, Lisquell and New York.
Wednesday 7th February, 7pm – Peter and Andy Conheeney, Kilcoosh
Friday 9th February, 7pm – John Noone, Kilclough
Sunday 11th February, 11.30am – 6th Sunday of Ordinary Time
The Parochial house can be contacted on a Tuesday or Thursday mornings only on 090-6624637.
Please pray for Emily McMahon (nee Mockler), New York, late of Tullyroe Ballygar, sister of the late Robert Mockler who died recently. May she rest in peace
Pray for the soul of John Conneally of Leicester, England who passed away recently. Formerly of Curraghbeg, Newbridge and brother of Eileen Lohan, Newbridge. May he rest in peace.
- Saint Vincent De Paul – Our Local Conference is based at the Pastoral Centre Mountbellew, and serves the Parish of Ballygar/Newbridge/Tohergar, as well as other surrounding parishes. We wish to gratefully acknowledge the wonderful support we had for our recent Annual Appeal. We also wish to thank Ballygar Parish Choir, and Scoil Mhuire for their support. All donations given locally are used locally. May god reward everybody for their generosity. Our Local Help Line Number is 085 1846866.
- Ballygar NS – enrolling for September 2024 – Ballygar NS are delighted to announce that we will be accepting enrolments from Monday 15th January. All are welcome to attend our Enrolment Evening which will take place on Wednesday 31 January at 7.30pm. If you would like any further information please feel free to contact us:- 09066 24951 / email@example.com. We look forward to welcoming you!
- Next Feet Clinic – Ballygar Pharmacy 8th February 2024. Contact Deirdre 0863612578 or 0909623430 to make an appointment.
- Hughes’ Bar, Ballinamore Bridge – celebrates 95 years in business. Across four generations of the Hughes family, the support of the wider community has been unfaltering. The upcoming bank holiday weekend will see a wealth of musical entertainment on offer in Hughes Bar; Friday, February 2nd: Trad Session Saturday, February 3rd: Blue Tax Sunday, February 4th: Live Wires Anyone who passes through the doors will be treated to a glimpse of Hughes’ Bar through the decades. Forgotten footage has been uncovered which features many familiar faces, which should bring back many fond memories. Hope to see you all there.
- BNT Social Services – has reopened for the new year. Every Friday in the Old School, Ballygar a hot meal and some great company awaits you. For enquiries contact Social Services on 090-6624034 after 6pm.
- Active Retirement Meeting – The monthly meeting of Mountbellew and District Active Retirement will take place in the Pastoral Centre Mountbellew on Monday 5th February at 8pm. All new members welcome.
- THE MALTHOUSE PLAYERS – Malthouse Players present “Thy Will Be Done”, a black comedy by Michael Carey, in the Community Centre from Friday 9 to Sunday 11th February. Directed by John Fitzmaurice, the cast features Rita Dullaghan, Joe Clarke, Tony Colleran and Vincent Flynn, with guest appearance by Kate Corcoran. Admission €10 at the door, first come, first seated.
Malthouse Players extend deepest sympathies to Colette and the family of dearly loved member Paddy Donohue whose passing this week has saddened us all. RIP.
- Mountbellew St Patricks Day Parade is being held on 17th March at 12 midday. The theme of this year’s parade is Sheep /Sheep shearing, to help Mountbellew promote the All-Ireland Sheepshearing competition and the International Five Nations Competition which is being held on June Bank Holiday weekend. We are encouraging every business in the town to enter a float this year. There is no entry fee this year. Entry forms can be obtained from Henrys Bar, or any committee member or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw –Congratulations to this week’s winner Janet Rocconi Mississippi on winning €603. Next week’s draw will be in Hughes Ballinamore bridge. Thanks to everyone for their continued support every week, 6 months and yearly envelopes available from committee members. Thanks to Newbridge Action Committee for doing the draw for the month of January & Ballinamore development committee will do the draw for the month of February.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 – Congratulations to Michael & Padraig Carr, Windfield, Newbridge who won €602 in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns Lotto. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw Saturday 3rd February in Morans.
- PLEASE HAVE ANY NOTICES FOR THE NEWSLETTER IN NO LATER THAN 12PM ON WEDNESDAY TO BE SURE THEY ARE INCLUDED IN THE NEWSLETTER
Ballygar Offertory Collection €770.00
Toghergar Offertory Collection €400.00
Newbridge Offertory Collection €995.00
Received with thanks