Ballygar masses can be accessed via the internet on churchtvballygar.ie or via the radio on 105.4fm
The Parochial House telephone number is 090-6624637,
22nd Sunday in Ordinary Time
Saturday 2nd September, 7.30pm – Katie Lohan and deceased members of the Lohan and Cryan families.
Sunday 3rd September, 10.30am – People of the Parish
Monday 4th September, 9.30am
Tuesday 5th September, 7.30pm – Margaret and Thomas Smith, Kilmore
Thursday 7th September, 9.30am
Friday 8th September, 7.30pm – MaryAnn and Bernie Crehan and Geraldine, Cloonnlyon
Saturday 9th September, 12pm – Kathleen Devine Months Mind
Saturday 9th September, 7.30pm – Niall Walsh Anniversary
Sunday 10th September, 10.30am – People of the Parish
Sunday 3rd September, 9.30am
Sunday 10th September, 9.30am – Katie & Michael Quinn and Katie
Saturday 2nd September, 12.pm – Pake Heavey, Ballinacor – Month’s Mind Mass
Sunday 3rd September, 11.30am – John Joe and Peggie Kelly, Creeveroe
Wednesday 6th September, 8pm
Friday 8th September, 8pm
Sunday 10th September, 11.30 am – Tom McDermott, Lissavruggy – 1st anniversary
Please remember in your prayers Dr. Madeleine Kharé Daly, who went home to God on the 17th August, 2023. May she rest in peace.
- Ordination to the Priesthood -On 6th September, Deacon Conrad Forzeh and Deacon Frankline Nkopi will be ordained to the Priesthood for the Diocese of Kumba in their home country of Cameroon. Deacons Conrad and Frankline studied in St Patrick’s Seminary, Maynooth and have been ministering in our diocese for the past year. Please remember them in your prayers.
- Diocese of Elphin Jubilee of Marriages – Inviting all couples celebrating the Anniversary of their marriage, especially those marking their Silver, Ruby, Golden and Diamond Anniversaries. On Sunday 15th October at 2.30pm in St Mary’s Church, Ballygar there will be Mass followed by light refreshments for all in attendance. Each couple celebrating an Anniversary will receive a certificate from Bishop Kevin, they are invited to register their details at www.elphindiocese.ie/jubilee2023. For those who have no access to email, you can register your interest with Fr. Douglas on 090-6624637/089-2522120.
- Home Share Roscommon – Shared Lives for Inclusive Living – Brothers of Charity Services Ireland, Lanesboro Street, Roscommon, F42XA62. Would you be interested in providing home from home short breaks for children or adults who have an intellectual disability? For more information on what is involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Catherine on 087 2126607.
- Silent Retreat – Knock: Theme: “If you but knew the gift of God…” Preached by Fr. Kilian Byrne, Foyer of Charity at St. Mary’s Accommodation, Knock, Co. Mayo from October 16th to 22nd. €495 full board. To book contact Helen : 086 1678027 or email@example.com A privileged time to come away from noise and distractions, and listen to the Spirit of God, – Who is Love. Silence, prayer, teachings & liturgy of the Church. www.foyerofcharity.ie
- Mountbellew & District Active Retirement Meeting – The monthly meeting of Mountbellew and District Active Retirement will be held in the Pastoral Centre Mountbellew on Monday 4th September at 8pm. New members welcome
- Newbridge Hall – a meeting will be held in the Newbridge Hall on Thursday 7th September at 8.30pm. This meeting is about the future and running of the hall. This meeting is open to all. Looking forward to seeing you there.
- New 4 week term of kettlebells/pilates classes starting Tuesday 12th Bonnie’s Gym 8:30pm kettlebells/hiit/step combo followed by pilates at 9:15pm, also Wednesday 13th in Athleague community centre pilates @7pm. Suitable for all ages & abilities. Everyone welcome. Thank you. Call/text Bonnie 0872238237
- Ballygar Cemetery – Ballygar Cemetery Committee wish to thank everyone who contributed to the recent collection. The total amount collected was €2122. Some works have been carried out with further improvements to follow.
- Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw – Congratulations to this week’s winner of the Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw Robert Pinson C/o Fr Tommy Conway Hattiesburg USA on winning €477. Next week’s draw in Henry’s Mountbellew. Thanks to everyone for their continued support every week, 6 months and yearly envelopes available from committee members. Thanks to Ballinamore bridge development for doing the draw for month of august & thanks to Ballaghlea School for doing draw for month of September.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 10th Year Anniversary – Congratulations Bernie Cunningham, Creeveroe, Newbridge who won €577 in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns Lotto. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw Saturday 2nd September in The Thatch.
Ballygar Offertory Collection €735.00
Toghergar Offertory Collection €320.00
Newbridge Offertory Collection €994.00
Received with thanks