Ballygar masses can be accessed via the internet on churchtvballygar.ie or via the radio on 105.4fm
The Parochial House telephone number is 090-6624637,
21st Sunday in Ordinary Time
Saturday 26th August, 7.30pm – Tommy Hanley Anniversary
Sunday 27th August, 10.30am – People of the Parish
Monday 28th August, 9.30am
Tuesday 29th August, 7.30m
Thursday 31st August, 9.30am
Friday 1st September, 7.30pm – Mickey Geraghty Kilmore
Saturday 2nd September, 7.30pm – Katie Lohan and deceased members of the Lohan and Cryan families.
Sunday 3rd September, 10.30am – People of the Parish
Sunday 27th August, 9.30am
Sunday 3rd September, 9.30am
Sunday 27th August, 11.30am – Martin and Delia Collins, Curraghduff
Wednesday 30th August, 8pm – John Egan, Lisquell East – 1st Anniversary
Friday 1st September, 8pm – World Day of Prayer for the Care of Creation
Saturday 2nd September, 12.pm – Pake Heavey, Ballinacor – Month’s Mind Mass
Sunday 3rd September, 11.30am – John Joe and Peggie Kelly, Creeveroe
- Diocese of Elphin Jubilee of Marriages – Inviting all couples celebrating the Anniversary of their marriage, especially those marking their Silver, Ruby, Golden and Diamond Anniversaries. On Sunday 15th October at 2.30pm in St Mary’s Church, Ballygar there will be Mass followed by light refreshments for all in attendance. Each couple celebrating an Anniversary will receive a certificate from Bishop Kevin, they are invited to register their details at www.elphindiocese.ie/jubilee2023. For those who have no access to email, you can register your interest with Fr. Douglas on 090-6624637/089-2522120.
- Silent Retreat – Knock: Theme: “If you but knew the gift of God…” Preached by Fr. Kilian Byrne, Foyer of Charity at St. Mary’s Accommodation, Knock, Co. Mayo from October 16th to 22nd. €495 full board. To book contact Helen : 086 1678027 or firstname.lastname@example.org A privileged time to come away from noise and distractions, and listen to the Spirit of God, – Who is Love. Silence, prayer, teachings & liturgy of the Church. www.foyerofcharity.ie
- Mountbellew & District Active Retirement Meeting – The monthly meeting of Mountbellew and District Active Retirement will be held in the Pastoral Centre Mountbellew on Monday 4th September at 8pm. New members welcome
- Newbridge Hall – a meeting will be held in the Newbridge Hall on Thursday 7th September at 8.30pm. This meeting is about the future and running of the hall. This meeting is open to all. Looking forward to seeing you there.
- Annual Cemetery mass in Chapel Finnerty Graveyard takes place on Sunday August 27th @4pm.
- Mountbellew Agricultural Show – takes place on Saturday 26 August 2023. Online entries: https://www.mountbellewagrishow.ie/contact For queries: Call (085) 7606000 or e-mail: email@example.com. Closing date for entries: Saturday 19 August 2023 Only Dog Entries and Children Art and Craft entries taken on Show day. A good day out for all. Free Children’s Entertainment including Junior Tractor Run and Pony Rides.
- Fohenagh Cemetery Mass – Fohenagh Cemetery mass will take place on Sunday 27th August at 7pm in the cemetery. The committee would like to thank everyone who contribute to the upkeep of the cemetery.
- BALLINAMORE BRIDGE HERITAGE GROUP – are holding a fundraising draw on 25th August 2023 in Hughes Bar, Ballinamore Bridge. This is to erect a memorial for 4 boys who tragically drown in the river Shiven in 1904. Tickets available in Hughes Bar and usual local outlets. All support greatly appreciated. Lots of prizes on the night.
- Experienced Lady Available for part-time home help in the local area.
Please contact 090-662-4964 after 6pm.
- Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw – Congratulations to this week’s winner of the Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw Nancy Farris C/o Fr Tommy Conway Hattiesburg USA on winning €576. Next week’s draw in the Shiven Inn Newbridge. Thanks to everyone for their continued support every week, 6 months and yearly envelopes available from committee members.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 10th Year Anniversary – Congratulations to Eileen Kelly, Newbridge who won €525 in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns Lotto. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw Saturday 26th August in Hughes.
Ballygar Offertory Collection €675.00
Toghergar Offertory Collection €515.00
Newbridge Offertory Collection €726.52
Received with thanks