Ballygar masses can be accessed via the internet on churchtvballygar.ie or via the radio on 105.4fm
The Parochial House telephone number is 090-6624637.
5th Sunday of Easter
Saturday 6th May, 7.30pm – Pake Lohan, Martin Coleman months mind
Sunday 7th May, 10.30am – Special Intentions
Monday 8th May, 9.30am
Tuesday 9th May, 7.30pm
Thursday 11th May, 9.30am
Friday 12th May, 7.30pm
Saturday 13th May, – Ballygar NS First Holy Communion
Saturday 13th May, 2pm – Baptism
Saturday 13th May, 7.30pm – Kathleen & Pakie Cuffe and also remember Leo Flynn, his son Francie and deceased family members.
Sunday 14th May, 10.30am
Sunday 7th May, 9.30am – Day of Prayer for Vocations
Sunday 14th May, 9.30am – Dolly and Martin Heavey, John and Pake Heavey and deceased family members of the Heavey and Fallon families.
Sunday 7th May, 11.30am – Frank Kelly, Cloughbrack, and deceased members of the Kelly and Quinn families; Mary Kate Crehan (née Fitzmaurice), Tansy Village, and Sheila Crehan, Everett, USA; Jimmy and Teresa Lyons, Curraghduff, and deceased members of the Lyons and Collins families.
Wednesday 10th May, 8pm
Friday 12th May, 8pm
Sunday 14th May 11.30am. – Andrew Quinn, Ballaghlea; Deceased members of the Lohan family, Killyan.
St. Mary’s Church Ballygar – we would be very grateful if any parishioners would like to donate or contribute to new altar linens and Priests vestments. It has been a considerable length of time since these have been purchased. All donations would be most gratefully received. Please contact Fr. Doughlas.
- Elphin Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes – Youth Section Elphin Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes will take place from 23rd August 2023 to the 28th August, 2023. Nominations from parishes throughout the Diocese are being sought for young people to participate in the Youth Section. Nominees aged between 17 and 20 are welcome to participate. Nominees must be 17 years or over on the 22nd August, 2023. Forms are available from the local parish office. All nominees will be representing their parish and expected to participate fully in the Pilgrimage Itinerary. Full details are included on the Nomination Form. Closing date for receipt of completed nominations is the 14th May, 2023.
- Knock Shrine Youth Volunteers – VAKS stands for Volunteer at Knock Shrine and is for young people in TY, 5th year, and Leaving Cert that runs over July and August. VAKS gives young people an opportunity to step out of their comfort zone, to learn more about their faith, to meet new people, gain new skills, and of course, to have fun. We do this, simply put, by assisting the pilgrim. Our VAKS join us from about 5:30pm on a Friday and stay here with the Youth Ministry team until around 6pm on Sunday. We volunteer together, we eat together, we hangout as a group in the evenings watching movies and playing games. We have accommodation here for our VAKS and provide all meals and snacks. Application form available at www.knockshrine.ie/support-programmes/youth-programmes/
- Our Lady of Fatama Feast Day 13th May – Public Rosary Rally, Ballygar Church Car park at 4pm. We encourage you all to join us this is one of over 500 such Rosary Rallies across the country.
- Killyan Graveyard Committee – We have the benefit of the 50/50 Draw for the month of May. We would really appreciate your support in purchasing 50/50 tickets over those four weekends. Alternatively, a yearly subscription with the opportunity to win every weekend is also available. (Contact Jack Lohan 087-061-7168, Carmel Gavin 086 839-9651 or Sean Doyle -087-768-8666). We will have our annual Mass in August and – in anticipation of the usual huge crowds who attend – your support will enable the hiring of a professional sound system, marquee and managing insurance costs for that most important event as well as helping to keep our Graveyards looking their best and a fitting place of rest for our departed loved ones. May they rest in peace. Your support is and will be very much appreciated. Thank you from the Committee.
- BNT Le Chéile Benevolent Fund – exists to provide assistance to those in our community that are in need, as a consequence of sickness, accident or other crisis. This Benevolent Fund also supports local initiatives which are of benefit to the local community.
All applications and supporting documentation are accepted without prejudice and are treated as strictly private and confidential. Persons may request an application form for emergency assistance from Garda Pat Regan, Fr. Douglas John Zaggi, or by sending a confidential email to email@example.com. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to drop us an email, or message one of our social media pages.
- Cloonkeen/Toomard Group Water Scheme AGM -The Annual General Meeting of the Cloonkeen/Toomard Group Water Scheme will be held on Tuesday 9th May at 8.30 pm in Newbridge Social Centre. It is important that members of the scheme attend.
- Moylough Heritage – are hosting a Table Quiz on Friday May 12th at 8pm in Moylough hall. Tables of four €20. Raffle on the night. Come along and enjoy a fun night for all the family.
- Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw – Congratulations to Sarah, Alia& Regina Naughton, Ballygar on winning €411.Next week’s draw in The Shiven Inn. Thanks to everyone for their continued support every week, 6 months and yearly envelopes available. Next month Killyan Graveyard Committee host the draw for month of May &Thanks to Killyan Sportsfield committee for hosting it for month of April.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 – Congratulations to Conor & Luke McDermott, Creeveroe, Newbridge who won €520 in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns 50/50 Draw. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw Saturday 6th May in Fallons.
Ballygar Offertory Collection €795.00
Toghergar Offertory Collection €300.00
Newbridge Offertory Collection €887.00
Received with thanks