32nd Sunday in Ordinary Time
The Parochial House telephone number is 090-6624637,
ST MARYS CHURCH
32nd Sunday in Ordinary Time
Saturday 11th November, 7.30pm – Kathleen Farrell and deceased family members of the Lennon and Farrell families.
Sunday 12th November, 10.30am – Gerry Holmes
Monday 13th November, 9.30am – Mary & Patrick Hughes and deceased Hughes family members
Tuesday 14th November, 7.30pm – Bridie & John Looby Anniversary
Thursday 16th November, 9.30am – All the Faithfull Departed
Friday 17th November, 7.30pm – Annie Teresa Lohan and deceased Lohan family members
Saturday 18th November, – Baptism
Saturday 18th November, 7.30pm – Nellie & Peter Raftery and deceased Fahy and Raftery family members
Sunday 19th November, 10.30am – Carmel O’Rourke Anniversary
Celebration for our Faithful Departed Through the month of November we remember, in a special way, our loved ones who have gone to their eternal rest. On Sunday, November 19th, at the 10:30am Mass, we will remember all from our parish who have gone to their eternal rest. After Mass there will be a short service in the cemetery and Fr Douglas will bless the graves.
ST BRENDANS CHURCH
Sunday 12th November, 9.30sm – The Faithfull Departed
Sunday 19th November, 9.30am – Sonny Moore, Fr. Bertie, Fr. John Joe their parents Martin & Molly and Paddy Burke.
ST PATRICKS CHURCH
Sunday 12th November, 11.30am – All Our Departed Loved Ones, especially those called home to God in the past year
Wednesday 15th November, 7pm – Juan Perez
Friday 17th November, 7pm – Jane and Larry Kelly, Mike Kelly and Lorcan Kelly
Saturday 18th November, 1pm – Mike Carty – Month’s Mind
Sunday 19th November, 11.30am – Sergii Demchenko – Memorial Mass
Celebration for our Faithful Departed – November is a special time to recall our deceased family, relatives and friends and pray for them. The mass for our departed loved ones (especially those who went home to God in last year) is on Sunday 12th November at 11.30am.
Apostolic Workers – A visit by Apostolic Workers on the 18th and 19th November to the Parish. There will be a display for what they do and an appeal for support.
- Catechism Workshop – Knock Catechism/YouCat Workshop Our Lady’s Shrine Knock. Date: Saturday 11th November 2023. Spiritual Director: Bishop Emeritus Brendan Kelly. For details please contact: Máirín Ni Shuilleabhain 0877950325.
- Young Pioneer November Quiz now underway. Open to all Young Pioneers in the Diocese of Elphin. See https://creideamh.ie/ptaa_quiz/ for details.
- ALONE Volunteers – Would you be willing to provide companionship or make calls to Older People for 1 hour, once a week? ALONE are seeking volunteers in your area. Full training and support provided. If interested, please sign up here: https://alone.ie/volunteers/ For more information, contact Helena on Helena.firstname.lastname@example.org or on 086 0145829
- Ballygar Carnival AGM – The Annual General Meeting of Ballygar Carnival will take place on Saturday, November 18th at 8:15pm in the Mattie McDonagh Centre. All are welcome to attend.
- BNT Cloud 9 Youth Club – the new BNT Youth Club runs every Friday night from the Old Town Hall, Ballygar. From 6.30 to 8pm this session is for 1st and 2nd years. The second session from 8.30pm to 10pm for 3rd year onwards. There is a €2 cover charge. Why not come down for a look and start some new beginnings.
- North Galway Vintage & Heritage Group – Mega Autojumble takes place on Sunday November 12th starting at 9am in Glenamaddy Equestrian Centre. Up to 50 autojumble stands in attendance. Catering provided on the day.
- Mountbellew Christmas Market is twice the size and twice the fun this year with over 60 market stalls, festive food stalls, Santa’s post box, live music all day, and lots of games and prizes.11 – 5pm Sunday 19th November, Mountbellew Agricultural College Gym.
- Smartphone guidebook 2nd edition now available to purchase in Ballygar Post Office. The book helps the reader learn how to use a smartphone. This new edition book contains over sixty pages of content and contains information on how to use GAA Go and Ticketmaster.
- Farmers: ACRES training courses will take place on Saturdays over the coming weeks. Any farmer currently in ACRES can attend this training. To book your place contact Gary on 087 3916789.
- Moylough Tractor Run in aid of Moylough Defib Group takes place on Sunday 19th November. Entry €20. Register at 10am departing from Moylough Church at 12noon. Spot prizes to be won. For more information visit the Moylough Defibrillator Group Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Moyloughdefib/ )
- Book Launch – “The Dillions of Clonbrock” a history by Frank Gavin will be launched in Gullanes Hotel Ballinasloe on Friday November 17th at 7pm All Welcome to attend.
- Short breaks Scheme: Would you be interested in providing home from home short breaks for children and adults who have an intellectual disability? Brothers of Charity Services Ireland, Homeshare Roscommon are recruiting host carers. Training and support provided. Tax exempt Allowances paid. For further information email Homeshareroscommon@gmail.com or phone Catherine on 090 6628500 / 087 2126607.
- Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw –Congratulations to his week’s winner Jimmy Farrell Cloonlyon on winning €501. Next week’s draw will be in the Bridge bar Mountbellew. Thanks to everyone for their continued support every week, 6 months and yearly envelopes available from committee members.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 – Congratulations to Paul & Catherine Conboy, Drinane who won €581 in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns Lotto. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw Saturday 11th November in Morans.
Bank Details – anyone wishing to Contribute by Direct Debit please use the following:
Ballygar Church – IBAN: IE02 BOFI 90370130537474
Newbridge Church – IBAN: IE87 BOFI 90370155385307
Toghergar Church: IBAN: IE41 BOFI 90370192573219
Priests Collection – IBAN: IE10 BOFI 90370172690426
Ballygar Offertory Collection €1,025.00,
Toghergar Offertory Collection
Newbridge Offertory Collection €984.60
Received with thanks