The Parochial House telephone number is 090-6624637,
ST MARYS CHURCH
The Baptism of the Lord
Saturday 6th January, 7.30pm – Peggy Geraghty 1st Anniversary.
Sunday 7th January, 10.30am – Anna & Jack Hughes
Monday 8th January, 9.30am
Tuesday 9th January, 7.30pm
Friday 12th January, 7.30pm – Bernie McInerney and deceased McInerney and Breheny families
Saturday 13th January, 7.30pm – Johnny Delaney 5th Anniversary
Sunday 14th January, 10.30am – Bryde Heavey, Hermitage and Galway 1st Anniversary
ST BRENDANS CHURCH
Sunday 7th January, 9.30am – The Baptism of the Lord
Friday 12th January, 8pm – John Naughton 1st Anniversary
Sunday 14th January, 9.30am – Tom Heavey Anniversary
ST PATRICKS CHURCH
Sunday 7th January, 11.30am – Mary and Martin Naughton, Cloonshivna
Wednesday 10th January, 7pm
Friday 12th January, 7pm
Sunday 14th January, 11.30am – Deceased members of the Turley and Tully families
Fr. Douglas will be on annual leave for the month of January, 2024. Fr. Joe Fitzgerald and Fr. Louis Lohan will be on duty. The Parochial house can be contacted on a Monday or Thursday mornings only on090-6624637.
The Parish accounts for Ballygar, Toghergar and Newbridge for the year 2022 can be viewed in the porch of each of the Church’s.
Please remember in your prayers Gloria Mary Collins, Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia, a 102 year-old lady who died on 26 Dec. She was the last surviving grandchild of Patrick Kilmartin, who, with his entire family, was evicted from Ballinlass on 13 March 1846.
Please pray for Sean Connor of Boston USA and formerly of Cloonlyon Ballygar who died suddenly on New Year’s eve. He is a brother of Mrs Margaret Kelly Doranstown and Andy Connor Mountbellow and also Sr. Siobhan Kelly Kilmore and London, who died in London recently. May they all rest in peace.
- Building for Children – would like to sincerely thank the people of the parish for their generosity over the last few months in supporting all our fundraising efforts. The group are travelling out to Sebeta School For The Blind in Ethiopia this coming weekend. Where we will be completely refurbishing two more dormitories that are in dire condition that have no working sanitation and also create a playroom for the children. None of the work we have done over the last few years could be done without the support from this amazing parish, so thank you all so much.
- Next Feet Clinic in Ballygar Pharmacy 11th January 24 .
- Active Retirement Meeting – The AGM of Mountbellew and District Active Retirement will be held in the Pastoral Centre Mountbellew on Monday 8th January 2024 at 8pm. All new members welcome
- Vincent de Paul Collection – St Marys Church choir would like to thank everyone who contributed to the annual Vincent de Paul collection at our Carol service on Sunday, December 17th. The amount of €1,087.90 was collected on the night. Many thanks again to everyone for your generosity.
- Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw –Congratulations to this week’s winner Cillian, Ruairi & Maisie Doyle Rookhill on winning €600 Next week’s draw will be in Henry’s Mountbellew. Thanks to Killyan Graveyard doing the draw for month of December & to the Newbridge Action Committee for doing draw for month of January. Thanks to everyone for their continued support every week, 6 months and yearly envelopes available from committee members. Gift vouchers available from any committee member & to all the business for their support also. Best wishes to everyone for the New year 2024, hope it brings joy to everyone.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 – Congratulations to Cayleigh King, Cul na Cille, Ballygar who won €712 in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns Lotto. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw Saturday 6th January in Kennys.
PLEASE HAVE ANY NOTICES FOR THE NEWSLETTER IN NO LATER THAN 12PM ON WEDNESDAY TO BE SURE THEY ARE INCLUDED IN THE NEWSLETTER
Bank Details – anyone wishing to Contribute by Direct Debit please use the following:
Ballygar Church – IBAN: IE02 BOFI 90370130537474
Newbridge Church – IBAN: IE87 BOFI 90370155385307
Toghergar Church: IBAN: IE41 BOFI 90370192573219
Priests Collection – IBAN: IE10 BOFI 90370172690426
When contributing by direct debit please include name in payment details thank you
Ballygar Offertory Collection €685.00
Toghergar Offertory Collection €350.00
Newbridge Offertory Collection €802.00
Received with thanks
Wishing all our community near and far a very Happy New Year.