ST MARYS CHURCH
2nd Sunday in Advent
Saturday 9th December, 7.30pm – Tommy Cuffe 1st Anniversary
Sunday 10th December, 10.30am – People of the Parish
Monday 11th December, 9.30am
Tuesday 12th December, 7.30pm –Patricia Farrell
Thursday 14th December, 9.30am
Friday 15th December, 7.30pm – Mary Ellen and Paddy Tierney.
Saturday 16th December, 7.30pm – Mary & Michael Silke and Deceased family members.
Sunday 17th December, 10.30am – People of the Parish.
ST BRENDANS CHURCH
Sunday 10th December, 9.30am – Kathleen Heavey 1st Anniversary
Sunday 17th December, 9.30am – Francie Ryan
ST PATRICKS CHURCH
Sunday 10th December, 11.30am – Tom and Annie Clarke, Toomard, and their grandson, David Finnerty, Laurence, Johnny and Michael Cunningham, Windfield, and Michael Martyn, Cappatagle
Wednesday 13th December, 7pm. – Mary Morley, Lissavruggy – First anniversary
Friday 15th December, 8pm – Henry Cunningham, Ardeevan (First anniversary) and deceased members of the Cunningham family (Please note time – 8.00 p.m.)
Sunday, 17th December, 11.30 am – Tom Lohan, Lissavruggy and Dublin; John and Peg Hynes, Windfield, Kevin Hynes, and Seán Hynes, Ballina
Penitential Service (Confessions with Sin Pot) in Newbridge Church immediately after Mass on Sunday, 10th December. A number of priests will be present. As we prepare our homes for the festivities, let us not forget to ready our souls to receive and welcome the Infant Jesus into our hearts and homes this Christmas. Don’t miss this opportunity to acknowledge our failings, appreciate Jesus’ love and forgiveness and move forward with hope and peace in our lives
Important Information – Geraldine Coyne and Leona Crehan are designated Parish Child Protection Representatives. Any issues concerning safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults should be channelled to them or the Parish Priest Fr. Douglas Zaggi.
- Saint Vincent De Paul Local Annual Appeal – Our local Conference is based at the Pastoral Centre Mountbellew, and we serve the surrounding parishes, including Ballygar/Newbridge/Toghergar. We wish to acknowledge the very generous support we have had from your Parish over the years. This year people’s needs are going to be greater than ever, considering the continued price increase in fuel, food and electricity alone. We will not be having a Church gate collection this year, but instead we will have Postage Free Envelopes left in the Church porch where people can put their donations, and post them to our Office. You may also leave the Envelopes in the Offertory collection basket. To facilitate people who wish to donate Online we have a Poster in the Church porch also, giving details of our designated Fundraise Web Address. All donations given locally will be used locally. Our Local Helpline Number is 085-1846866.
- St Mary’s Church Choir Carols by Candlelight -In aid of St Vincent de Paul, the choir of St Mary’s Church Ballygar will host their annual carols by candlelight service on Sunday, December 17th at 8:00pm in the church. All are welcome to attend.
- Next Foot Clinic in Ballygar Pharmacy is 14th December. This is the last Clinic for 2023. A very Happy Christmas to everyone.
- Ballygar Festive Lights – Church gate collection will take place on December 9th and 10th. Join us around the Christmas tree after Saturday night mass (weather permitting) for carols and some festive treats.
- Ballygar NS are delighted to invite you all to our Christmas Market and Carol Service this Wednesday 13 December. The Carol Service will be held in St. Mary’s Church, Ballygar at 6.30pm followed by our Christmas Markets in the Courthouse, Ballygar at approximately 8pm. The children of Ballygar NS have been very busy making some wonderfully handcrafted gifts and decorations to sell on the night. This is our first Christmas Market – with your support we hope it will be a great success. There will be lots of beautiful crafts for sale, some of which can be seen on our Facebook page. We will also be holding a raffle on the night with some exciting prizes. We wish to sincerely thank the following for their generous contributions: Ballygar Pharmacy, Bees Knees, Keane Electrical and Ventilation, Centra Ballygar, Crafy Art, Cleansave Products and Glanmore Foods. We also have a wonderful prize donated by Riverview Boarding Kennels for a two-night stay and a grooming voucher. All are most welcome on the night. Thank you for your support from all at Ballygar NS.
- Cancer Care West Walk 2023–Sincere thanks to all who walked, handed in Sponsorship Cards, Donations and to All who donated On Line. The Sum of €9915.30 was handed in last week. Receipts will be issued soon and any cards remaining or donations still welcome.
- This year’s Christmas Fair takes place in the Courthouse on Saturday 9th December 8pm to 9.30pm and Sunday morning 11am to 12.30pm. There will be a number of stalls displaying and selling seasonal items including cakes, arts, crafts and Christmas wreaths. Come along on the day and get into the festive spirit by supporting local people/businesses.
- Turkey Trot – This year’s Turkey Trot will take place on St. Stephens day. Sponsorship cards are in circulation in the parish. Proceeds this year are going to the 3 main clubs, St. Brendan’s GAA, Ballygar Hurling Club, St. Brendan’s LGFA. Let’s get walking and make this the biggest Turkey Trot in the World!!!
- Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw –Congratulations to this week’s winner Sharon & Noel c/o Anthony Kelly on winning €524.Next week’s draw will be in Kenny ‘s Ballygar. Thanks to Killyan Sportsfield for doing November. Killyan Graveyard will avail of the funds raised by the 50/50 Draw in December. Please do your best to support this very worthy cause and help to keep Killyan Graveyard looking its best throughout the year in honour of all our deceased. Weekly or annual tickets available from any Killyan Graveyard Committee Members or Chris Murphy 087 6357128 or Carmel Gavin 086 8399651. Thanks to everyone for their continued support every week,
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 – Congratulations to winners Dylan Kelly & Freya, Ballinamore Bridge who won €650 and Petor Wandzd, Ballygar who won the Christmas Hamper in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns Lotto. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw Saturday 9th December in The Thatch. For the next 3 weeks we will have an extra draw for a hamper.
Bank Details – anyone wishing to Contribute by Direct Debit please use the following:
Ballygar Church – IBAN: IE02 BOFI 90370130537474
Newbridge Church – IBAN: IE87 BOFI 90370155385307
Toghergar Church: IBAN: IE41 BOFI 90370192573219
Priests Collection – IBAN: IE10 BOFI 90370172690426
Ballygar Offertory Collection €993.00
Toghergar Offertory Collection €270.00
Newbridge Offertory Collection €890.00
Received with thanks