ST MARYS CHURCH
28th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Saturday 21st October, 7.30pm – Mary & John Kelly Anniversary
Sunday 22nd October, 10.30am – Mission Sunday
Monday 23rd October, 9.30am
Tuesday 24th October, 7.30pm
Thursday 26th October, 9.30am
Friday 27th October, 7.30pm – Kathleen Cleary
Saturday 28th October – Baptism
Saturday 28th October, 7.30pm – Michael Boyle 1st Anniversary
Sunday 29th October, 10.30am – Gerry Duffy his brothers Seamus and Pat, sister Peggy Geraghty
This weekend parishes worldwide celebrate World Mission Sunday.. Help right now. Donate €4.00 by texting the word ‘Mission’ to 50300. Alternatively donate at www.missio.ie or call Missio Ireland on 01 497 2035. To learn more go to www.missio.ie
ST BRENDANS CHURCH
Sunday 22nd October, 9.30am – Tommy Lee and deceased family members of the Lee and Cormican families
Sunday 29th October, 9.30am – Patricia O’Brien
ST PATRICKS CHURCH
Sunday 22nd October, 11.30am – Ann Kelly, Gurteen – 21st anniversary,
Tom and Mary Hannigan – anniversaries
Wednesday 25th October, 8pm
Friday, 27th October, 8.00 p.m. – Jackie Muldoon, Sr. Marcellina, John and Mary Ellen Muldoon, Cloonkeen and deceased members of the Muldoon family
Sunday 29th October, 11.30am – Larry and Mollie Hannon, Ballinacor; Pake and Katie Crehan and Noel Crehan, Killyan, Michael Fitzmaurice, Cloonlyon and Nora Byrne (née Crehan), Ballinasloe
Please remember in your prayers, Liam Mulrooney, Hermitage may he rest in peace.
November envelopes can now be collected from the sacristy. Offertory boxes for 2023/2024 can all be collected from the sacristy.
- St. Jerome once said, “Ignorance of scripture is ignorance of Christ”. In order to increase our knowledge of Christ through Scripture, the diocese is organizing a 6-week course on the Gospel of Mark, which is the gospel for the next liturgical year. It is not an academic course but will only help us understand the gospel at a spiritual level. The course begins on 25th November at 7:30pm in the courthouse. Interested participants should contact Fr. Douglas or Mary O’ Malley. Looking forward to engaging with you.
- Ballygar Community Playschool – are having their annual Children’s Halloween disco on Friday 27th October, in Fallons Lounge between 6pm and 8pm. Treats and raffle on the night please support, thank you.
- Ballygar Hospice Support Group would like to thank everyone who supported their recent coffee morning. Thanks to all the bakers and helpers especially the ty students of Coláiste Mhuire. A total amount of €2300 was raised and has been forwarded to Galway Hospice.
- Ballygar Ladies Club – The October meeting will be held in the Courthouse on Thursday 26th October at 8pm. Guest speaker on the night. All ladies welcome. Admission €3.
- The Annual East Galway Cancer Care West Walk will – be held on Saturday November 11th at 10 am from Ahascragh to Ballinasloe .Sponsorship Cards and further details from 0876335479.All walkers welcome and donations can be made on I Donate at https://www.idonate.ie/fundraiser/Caltragaacancercarewest2023
- SafeTALK Training – SafeTALK Training will take place in Solas Family Resource Centre, Old School Building, Ballygar on Monday 23rd October 7pm-10.30pm. This training is suitable for anyone over the age of 18, open to all in the community and free of charge. Booking is essential as places are limited! Link to book: https://bookwhen.com/srotraininggmr/e/ev-syf0-20231023190000 For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 01 6060858 or locally contact Louise Holian 0877437443 if any questions or need help booking.
- Ballygar Truckin’ is Celebrating 10 Years and following on from the huge support we received for last year’s event, raising €30,000 for BNT Le Chéile and Friends of Oncology, Ballinasloe, we are delighted that this year’s fun filled event has been extended to 3 Days over the October Bank Holiday Weekend, from Friday 27th to Sunday 29th October, in Ballygar.We will be hosting a Truck & Tractor Run, Monster Auction, Vintage Display, with Bingo Loco, Declan Nerney, and Paul Kelly all live in the Mattie McDonagh Centre and there will be many more family fun activities happening throughout the weekend. This year, we have chosen to fundraise for: BNT Le Chéile and Roscommon Hospice. It is Ballygar Truckin’s aim to help raise vital funds to help both causes to continue the real and necessary care and support they provide to members of our community. If you require any further information relating to this event and ways to donate, please see our Social Media pages or contact any member of the committee.
- Congratulations to all. A fantastic result in the Tidy Towns Competition for Ballygar with big jump of 16 points to a total of 345. Ballygar is now 4th in Category B in County Galway, with 19 towns/villages in this category in total. We had the 3rd highest increase in points in Co. Galway. It is fantastic that the work done over the last number of years has brought our points from 215 to 345 which is brilliant. Thank You and well done to the entire community. A massive thank you to the Tidy Towns volunteers who are out every week throughout the year and are involved in so much, there generosity is absolutely fantastic. Thanks also to the students of Coláiste Mhuire and Ballygar National School who get involved in so many of the tidy town projects and encourage our work. Thanks to the local Community Employment Scheme workers, TUS workers, Graveyard sub-committee, the Playground committee, the Men’s Shed Group, Galway County Council, Sunflower Montessori, Stepping Stones Play School, the local sports clubs, and all local voluntary organisations. Thanks to Pat, Frank Sarah and Joey at the Garda Station. A special thank you to all the residents and business owners who are working hard in maintaining their premises. Again Thank You all. We would also like to take this opportunity to welcome new volunteers, we meet every Saturday morning at 11am at the Garda barracks (during summer months we meet on Wednesday evenings from 7pm). Again, many thanks to all.
- Private Home Help available in Ballygar areas and surrounding areas. Contact 0906624964 after 6pm.
- Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw –Congratulations to this week’s winner of the Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw Tony Mc Cormack Mountbellew winning €546. Next week’s draw in The Thatch Bar Ballygar. Thanks to everyone for their continued support every week, 6 months and yearly envelopes available from committee members.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 – Congratulations to Maeve & Doireann Gilmore, Ballygar who won €612 in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns Lotto. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw Saturday 21st October in The Thatch.
Ballygar Offertory Collection €965.00, Toghergar Offertory Collection €355.00
Newbridge Offertory Collection €1,250.36 Received with thanks