Ballygar masses can be accessed via the internet on churchtvballygar.ie or via the radio on 105.4fm
The Parochial House telephone number is 090-6624637,
19th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Saturday 12th August, 7.30pm – Noreen Reilly Killilea
Sunday 13th August, 10.30am – Cemetery Sunday
Monday 14th August, 7.30pm – Josie Lohan 1st Anniversary and her sister Kathleen.
Tuesday 15th August, 10.30am – Jimmy Doyle, Kilmore
Thursday 17th August 9.30am
Friday 18th August, 7.30pm – Ellie & Tommy Brennan, Kilmore
Saturday 19th August, 7.30pm – Geraldine Naughton and Tommy Naughton
Sunday 20th August, 10.30am – People of the Parish
Sunday 13th August, 9.30am – John Donnelly, sons Michael and Patrick and daughter Ciara and all deceased of the Donnelly family.
Tuesday 15th August, 9.30am
Sunday 20th August, 9.30am – Sr. Mary Ann O’Brien
Sunday 13th August, 11.30am
Tuesday 15th August, 11.30am – The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Wednesday 16th August, 8pm
Friday 18th August, 8pm
Sunday 20th August, 11.30am – John and Katie Hynes, Killyan, and deceased family members
Please remember in your prayers Kathleen Devine, Drinane may she rest in peace.
- Diocese of Elphin Jubilee of Marriages – Inviting all couples celebrating the Anniversary of their marriage, especially those marking their Silver, Ruby, Golden and Diamond Anniversaries. On Sunday 15th October at 2.30pm in St Mary’s Church, Ballygar there will be Mass followed by light refreshments for all in attendance. Each couple celebrating an Anniversary will receive a certificate from Bishop Kevin, they are invited to register their details at www.elphindiocese.ie/jubilee2023. For those who have no access to email, you can register your interest with Fr. Douglas on 090-6624637/089-2522120.
- Youth Pilgrimages – Throughout the month of August, young people from our diocese will be on pilgrimage with Bishop Kevin to World Youth Day in Lisbon (31st July – 8th August) and Lourdes (23rd – 28th August). Please keep them and all who travel with them in your prayers.
- Knock Pilgrimage – The Annual Diocesan Pilgrimage to Knock Shrine takes place on Sunday 20th August with Anointing of the Sick at 2.30pm and Mass at 3.00pm in the Basilica.
- Ballygar Cemetery – Ballygar Cemetery – Mass will be celebrated in Ballygar Cemetery on Sunday 13th August at 10.30am. A collection will be taken up at the weekend masses for the upkeep of the Cemetery. Special Cemetery offering envelopes will also be available in the Church porch. Your support would be greatly appreciated.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns– The committee of Ballygar Tidy Towns would like to thank everyone who supported our tea room and cake sale on the Fair Day. Thank you to our wonderful local bakers who generously donated to the cake sale. A special thank you to our reliable and hardworking volunteers who contributed to the success of the event.
- Mountbellew Agricultural Show – takes place on Saturday 26 August 2023. Online entries: https://www.mountbellewagrishow.ie/contact For queries: Call (085) 7606000 or e-mail: email@example.com. Closing date for entries: Saturday 19 August 2023 Only Dog Entries and Children Art and Craft entries taken on Show day. A good day out for all. Free Children’s Entertainment including Junior Tractor Run and Pony Rides.
- The EmployAbility Service Roscommon – is an Employment and Recruitment Service to assist people with a disability or health issue to pursue and maintain employment in the open labour market. Are you currently aged over 18 years? Do you have a disability or health issue? Would you consider working part-time? If so, why not let Employability Service Roscommon support you to find that job in your local area. This is a confidential and free individualised service funded by the Department of Social Protection. For further information Call 090 6628608 or Call/Text 087 3745307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. EmployAbility,Roscommon West Business Park, 1st Floor, Tower Block A, Golf Links Rd, Roscommon, F42 TD98. Tel: 090 6628608, Email: email@example.com, Mobile: 087 3745307, Web: www.rosemp.ie
- BALLINAMORE BRIDGE HERITAGE GROUP – are holding a fundraising draw on 25th August 2023 in Hughes Bar, Ballinamore Bridge. This is to erect a memorial for 4 boys who tragically drown in the river Shiven in 1904. Tickets available in Hughes Bar and usual local outlets. All support greatly appreciated. Lots of prizes on the night.
- Happy Feet Foot Clinic by Deirdre Moran will be at Ballygar Pharmacy on Thursday 17th August. Contact Deirdre for appointment on 09096 23430.
- Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw – Congratulations to this week’s winner Beilmann, Sumrall, Mississippi C/o Fr Tommy Conway of the Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw on winning €455. Next week’s draw in the Bridge bar Mountbellew.Thanks to everyone for their continued support every week, 6 months and yearly envelopes available from committee members.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 10th Year Anniversary – Congratulations to Henry Dooley, Ahascragh who won €1389 and Hamper winners Michael Donohoe, Ballyforan and Kieran Costello in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns Lotto. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw Saturday 12th August in Fallons.
Ballygar Offertory Collection €970.00, Sick & Retired Priests €305.00
Toghergar Offertory Collection €380.00, Sick & Retired Priests €160.00
Newbridge Offertory Collection €893.13, Sick & Retired Priests €245.05
Received with thanks