Ballygar masses can be accessed via the internet on churchtvballygar.ie or via the radio on 105.4fm.
Corpus Christi Sunday
Saturday 2nd July, 7.30pm – Eamonn Kelly, Pound Road
Sunday 3rd July, 10.30am – People of the Parish
Monday 4th July, 9.30am –
Tuesday 5th July, 7.30pm –
Thursday 7th July, 9.30am –
Friday 8th July, 7.30pm –
Saturday 9th July, 7.30pm – Josie Mannion
Sunday 10th July, 10.30am – People of the Parish
Monday 11th July, 9.30am –
Tuesday 12th July, 7.30pm – Michael Flynn Islandcase
Friday 15th July, 7.30pm –
Saturday 16th July, 7.30am – Frank Pettit Anniversary
Sunday 17th July, 10.30am – People of the Parish
Sunday 3rd July, 9.30am –
Sunday 10th July, 9.30am – John Donnelly, son Patrick and daughter Ciara
Sunday 17th July, 9.30am –
Sunday 3rd July, 11.30am – Maureen Delaney, Rookhill;
Andy Murray, Kilclough – 1st anniversary; Nonie Flynn, Tully Village, her grandson, Keith Davis, and deceased members of the Flynn and Carr families.
Wednesday 6th July, 8pm –
Friday 8th July, 8pm –
Sunday 10th July, 11.30 am – Pat Kilgannon, Nora and Michael Lynch, Cloughbrack
Wednesday 13th July, 8pm –
Friday 15th July, 8pm. – Tom and Margaret Crehan, Larry Crehan, and deceased family members
Sunday 17th July, 11.30am – Paddy Crehan, Mark and Mary Ellen Crehan, Martie Crehan, Cappagh;
Michael Cunningham, Newbridge; Mark Cunningham, Newbridge and California.
- Fr. Michael will visit the sick and house bound on Tuesday 5th July, morning and afternoon. Please contact Fr. Michael on 090-662-4637 if you would like Fr. Michael to visit.
- The Priest of the Parish would like to thank all those that contribute to the weekly envelope collection. Any outstanding offertory or priest collection envelopes, please return.
- Cleaning of Church – The Church cleaning group would be delighted to welcome more volunteers to help with the cleaning of the church. We meet every three weeks on a Saturday morning at 9:30am. Contact Tomás on 086 3683778 if you’d like to help out.
- The Multiple Sclerosis Society – wishes to thank most sincerely everyone who contributed to the recent Church gate collections in the parish. The amount collected at each Church was as follows: Ballygar, €350.46; Newbridge, €224.61; Toghergar €112.40.
- Smartphone course: Weekly smartphone course: Wednesday 6th of July in Caltra Community centre at 7pm. € 10 per person. Contact James on 083 056 1140.
- Parent & Toddler Group – is on every Tuesday at 11am till 1pm in The Old School, The Square, Ballygar. Pop in for a friendly chat and a cuppa. Everyone is welcome and looking forward to seeing you all again.
- Meals on Wheels – this service is offered to the parish of BNT. Delicious hot meals are prepared and delivered on a Tuesday and Thursday for a nominal cost. These meals can be tailored to suit your needs. For further information, please contact Teresa on 087-450-2761.
- The Friday Dinner club is up and running in the Old School, The Square, Ballygar. This is an enjoyable way to spend a few hours on a Friday afternoon in good company and good food. Please contact 090-6624034 for further details.
- Car Boot Sale in Shiven Rovers Grounds Eircode H53NP70 on the first Sunday of every month. Admission is Free. Gates open at 8am to start at 10am until 1pm. €10 car €15 van/trailer includes a free tea/coffee. Vans with second hand tools/chainsaws and other petrol powered tools are not allowed.
- Newbridge 50/50 – Congratulations to this week’s winner of the Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw Margaret Kerrigan on winning €423. Next week’s draw will be in Henry’s bar Mountbellew. Newbridge Nature Trail running the 50/50 draw for month of July. Thanks to Newbridge Action Committee for doing the draw for the month of June.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns 50/50 –Congratulations to Jonathan & Chris Collins, Glinsk who won €580 in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns 50/50 Draw. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw takes place in The Thatch.
If you have notices for the newsletter please send to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday at 12pm. Currently the newsletter is every 2nd week.