Ballygar masses can be accessed via the internet on churchtvballygar.ie or via the radio on 105.4fm
The Parochial House telephone number is 090-6624637.
Saturday 1st April, 7.30pm – Bredge Murphy
Sunday 2nd April, 10.30am – Palm Sunday
Monday 3rd April, 9.30am
Tuesday 4th April, 7.30pm – Paddy Kilroy
Holy Thursday 6th April, 7.30pm – Holy Thursday
Good Friday 7th April, 11am – Station of the Cross in the Cemetery
Good Friday 7th April, 3pm – Lords Passion
Holy Saturday 8th April, 9pm
Easter Sunday 9th April, 10.30am – Easter Sunday
Monday 10th April, 9.30am
Tuesday 11th April, 7.30pm – Bridie Devine Months Mind
Friday 14th April, 7.30pm – Margaret Michael Kinsley & deceased family members and son in law Padraic Lohan
Saturday 15th April, 7.30pm – Mattie McDonagh
Sunday 16th April, 10.30am – Michael Anthony Kelly
Sunday 2nd April, 9.30am – Palm Sunday
Holy Thursday 6th April, 6pm
Good Friday 7th April, 7pm – Stations of the Cross
Easter Sunday 9th April, 9.30am
Sunday 16th April, 9.30am
Sunday 2nd April, 11.30am – Palm Sunday
Wednesday, 5th April, 8.00 p.m. – Tom Hannigan, Ballygar – 60th anniversary
Holy Thursday 6th April, 8.30pm – The Lord’s Passion
Good Friday 7th April, 3pm
Holy Saturday 8th April, 8.30pm
Easter Vigil Easter Sunday 9th April, 11.30am E
Easter Sunday Mass – Mary McLoughlin, Newbridge, Anniversary
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Toghergar Church 1st April, 4pm
Ballygar Church 3rd April, 4pm
Newbridge Church 4th April, 4pm
Easter Envelopes to be distributed during the week. This collection is for the Priests of the Parish.
TROCAIRE ENEVLOPES/BOXES to be returned Holy Thursday.
SICK & HOUSEBOUND Fr. Douglas will visit the sick and housebound on Easter Monday the 10th April, instead of Friday 7th April, as this is Good Friday. Call the Parochial House if you would like a visit on 090-6624637.
Please remember in your prayers Denise Farrell, may she rest in Peace.
- Good Friday Collection – Every Good Friday, a collection is taken up in parishes throughout the world to support the pastoral care of the Christian community the Holy Land and to safeguard and maintain the ‘Holy Places’ associated with the life of Jesus. These sites are an essential part of our Christian heritage and your kind contribution helps to facilitate their maintenance for this and future generations. Thank you.
- Mass of Chrism – Bishop Kevin invites you to attend the Mass of Chrism this Wednesday 5th April at 7.30pm in the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Sligo. During the Mass, Bishop Kevin will bless and consecrate the oils used in the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, Holy Orders and the Sick and the priests of the diocese will renew their commitment to their priestly ministry. All are very welcome to attend.
- Killyan Graveyard -Tidy Up for Easter – The grass in the New Graveyard has had its first cut of the season. If you can spare an hour at 11.00am on Holy Saturday, please come and help with a general tidy up. Please bring brushes, shovels and blowers, and help us to keep our Graveyard looking well, especially for Easter. Many thanks.
- Reminder Newbridge Easter Parade – on Easter Sunday at 3pm. Calling on all station areas to have a float, local businesses, clubs & committees also. This year in addition there is the strongest village competition (a team of 5 pulling a tractor with a minimum of one female) this takes place at 4pm. Face painting also on the day. Everyone come a long for a great day out.
- Solas FRC Ballygar Outreach Office: Upcoming Events:
- Easter Wreath Making Workshop on Tuesday the 4th April 10.30am to 12.30. Limited availability. Cost €10 per person. To book contact 085 252-1200 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free Basic Computer/ Internet Skill course starting 18th April 2023, 4-6pm for 10 weeks, to book contact 085 2521200 or email:email@example.com
- Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw – Congratulations to this week’s winner of the Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw Anthony Kelly on winning €404. Next week’s draw in the bridge bar Mountbellew. Thanks to everyone for their continued support every week. Next month Killyan Sportsfield host the draw for month of April &Thanks to the Tidy Towns committee for hosting it for month of March.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 – Congratulations to Anne Martin, Kilmore who won €512 in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns 50/50 Draw. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw Saturday 1st April in Hughes. There will also be a draw for 2 Easter Hampers.
Ballygar Offertory Collection €855.00
Toghergar Offertory Collection €268.00
Newbridge Offertory Collection €837.00
Received with thanks.