Ballygar masses can be accessed via the internet on churchtvballygar.ie or via the radio on 105.4fm.
24th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Saturday 10th September, 7.30pm – Niall Walsh Anniversary
Sunday 11th September, 10.30am – People of the Parish
Monday 12th September, 9.30am
Tuesday 13th September, 7.30pm – Sharon & Walter Ryan 1st Anniversary late of Forest View and Missouri
Friday 16th September, 7.30pm – Joe Chamberlain Mountbellew
Saturday 17th September, 7.30pm – Delia Martin Glesson
Sunday 11th September, 9.30am
Saturday 17th September, 6pm – Tommy Kelly Ballinamore Bridge Anniversary Mass
Sunday 18th September, 9.30am – Padraig Kinsella 1st Anniversary
Wednesday 14th September, 8.00pm
Friday 16th September, 8.00pm
Sunday 18th September, 11.30 am – Séamus Farrell, Ballaghlea;
Margaret and Thomas Quinn, Crowe Village; April Quinn, Mountbellew; Seán O’Connell, Cork and Toronto.
Remembering Margaret Kerrigan (née Carty), Williamstown (Mass for Margaret in Ballymoe Church today).
- The Acies Cermony (consecration to our Lady) – takes place in the Sacred Heart Church Roscommon on Sunday September the 11th at 4.00pm. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- The Legion of Mary – meet every Tuesday evening at 8.00pm in the Court House Ballygar. We invite new members to come along.
- Colaiste Mhuire Ballygar –are running a PLC morning course in Healthcare Support and Special Needs Assisting beginning in mid September. Information on the course is available by contacting the school at 090-662-4740 or on the school website www.colaistemhuire.org
- Coláiste an Chreagáin – have places available on their Post Leaving Certificate courses in the areas of Childcare, Healthcare Support, Nursing Studies and Update Your I.T. Skills. Apply through www.fetchcourses.ie or contact us on email@example.com or 09096 79231 where we will be happy to help.
- Co Galway Local History Course – A local history course is being run in Portumna Community School during Autumn 2022 – Spring 2023. The course covers a wide range of topics such as history sources, the local landscape, placenames, folklore, and more. Phone John Joe at 087 2963803 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Irish dancing classes – will resume in Fallon’s lounge on Monday 12th September at 5.45. Beginners welcome. Contact Rita 0866084645.
- Health, Weight & Wellness – is a weekly programme, every Tuesday, online at 8pm. For enquiries contact Mary Lally 0872764539.
- A Special Remembrance Mass will be celebrated on Sunday September 25th at 11.30am in Our Lady of Lourdes Church Caltra in memory of the Late Fr. Brendan Dunning who served as curate in Caltra for a number of years and who died during Covid. The chief celebrant will be Fr. John Mahony PP Ahascragh/Caltra and a Representative of S.M.A order of which Fr Dunning was a member, will deliver the Homily .Members of Fr Dunning’s family will attend. All are welcome.
- Additional Tús Places – There are currently vacancies in a variety of Tús roles in the local area. Tús is a community work placement for those 12 months or more unemployed and in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance, with participants receiving a top-up payment. Completion of the scheme provides employers with evidence of work experience, a reference, and a CV. If you are interested, phone 091 875732 or 087 9335477, or email email@example.com.
- Newbridge 50/50 – Congratulations to last week’s winner of the 50/50 draw Anne Murphy, Curraghlenagh, Kilkerrin, on winning €530 & to Gus & Seán on winning the hamper. This week’s winners Katie & Sarah Gavin, Boherbanagh, Newbridge on winning €469. Next week’s draw will be in The Bridge Bar Mountbellew. Thanks to the Graveyard committee for doing draw for month of august and to Killyan Sportsfield for doing the month of September. Thanking everyone for their continued support every week to the draw.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 – Congratulations to Padraig Crean, Mount Talbot who won €527 in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns 50/50 Draw. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw takes place in Morans.
- Coláiste Mhuire is holding a fundraising raffle to improve facilities and resources further. The plan includes creating relaxation and amenity spaces, including a sensory room, a garden, and adding new seating to the school’s outdoor spaces. The school has been gifted with fantastic prizes, including a trip for two to New York. The first prize is a trip for 2 to New York!! This includes flights (Prize sponsored by Aerlingus), a 3-night stay in Fitzpatrick Hotel Manhattan (sponsored by Fitzpatrick Hotels New York), $1000 spending money (sponsored by Budget Car Rental) and a €400 voucher for the Loop Duty Free at Dublin Airport (sponsored by Aer Rianta).
- 2nd Prize is €1000 (sponsored by Temple Nurseries and Ross Engineering).
- 3rd Prize is €500 (sponsored by G Kelly Transport and Fallon’s Bar Ballygar).
- 4th Prize is €250 Heating Oil Voucher (sponsored by Greaney Glass Products).
Tickets cost just €10 each, or you can get six tickets for just €50. Tickets are available in the school office, online at https://www.idonate.ie/raffle/WinaTripfor2toNewYork, on our Facebook/Twitter/Instagram pages, or by scanning the QR code. The draw will take place on Saturday, September 17th, in Kenny’s Bar, Ballygar.