Ballygar masses can be accessed via the internet on churchtvballygar.ie or via the radio on 105.4fm
The Parochial House telephone number is 090-6624637.
3rd Sunday of Easter
Saturday 22nd April, 7.30pm – Tess and Christy Byrne, daughters Mary, Josie and Bredge
Sunday 23rd April, 10.30am – People of the Parish
Monday 24th April, 9.30am
Tuesday 25th April, 7.30pm
Thursday 27th April, 9.30am
Friday 28th April, 7.30pm – Luke Daly and his father Joe and deceased family members
Saturday 29th April, 12pm – Denise Farrell (Nee Naughton) Pound Road, Months mind
Saturday 29th April, 7.30pm – Andy O’Malley remember Annamae, Joe and Annie Brannelly also Dianne Richardson daughter of Eileen Doyle on her 4th Anniversary
Sunday 30th April, 10.30am – Pake & Mary Lohan and deceased family members
Sunday 23rd April, 9.30am – Teresa & Paddy Hannon and deceased family members
Sunday 30th April, 9.30am – Delia and Josie Carty Ballinalass
Sunday 23rd April, 11.30 a.m. – Pakie Kenny, Rushestown; Bob Cunningham, Newbridge, Patrick Connolly, Creeveroe
Wednesday 26th April, 8.15pm
Friday 28th April, 8.15pm – Brigid, Patrick and Gerard Noone, Rookhill, and deceased family members
Sunday 30th April, 11.30am – Helena Hynes Greally, Tonacor and Killyan
- Suggested Prayer of the Faithful for Vocations – Third Sunday of Easter – April 23, 2023 – Did not our hearts burn within us as he talked to us on the road and explained the scriptures to us?’ (Luke 24:32) The disciples on the road to Emmaus discerned a burning in their hearts after their encounter with the Risen Lord. We pray for all who are discerning their vocational call to serve as a priest, deacon or religious that they may be guided by the Holy Spirit.
- Online Preparation for Parents and Guardians of First Holy Communion Candidates – Three of our “Partners in the Gospel” Catechists in Sligo – Bernie, Gerard and Mary – would like to invite parents and guardians of First Holy Communion candidates, if they wish, to a preparation session, via zoom, on Monday 24th April at 8pm. This follows on from the success of similar online sessions the catechists offered throughout the pandemic. Registration is not required – simply join on the evening via the link available at www.elphindiocese.ie or use Meeting ID: 882 2677 1488 and Passcode: 595422.
- Legion of Mary Conference – ‘Who is She?’, a day-long Conference for Our Lady takes place Saturday 13th May in the DCU All Hallows’ campus from 9.30am – 4.30pm. Join us for insightful talks, prayer, Mass, good food and great company. What can we learn from early Irish Christian’s Marian devotion? And how can we love Jesus as His mother loved Him? Cost €30. For more information or to book contact email@example.com
- Knock Shrine Youth Volunteers – VAKS stands for Volunteer at Knock Shrine and is for young people in TY, 5th year, and Leaving Cert that runs over July and August. VAKS gives young people an opportunity to step out of their comfort zone, to learn more about their faith, to meet new people, gain new skills, and of course, to have fun. We do this, simply put, by assisting the pilgrim. Our VAKS join us from about 5:30pm on a Friday and stay here with the Youth Ministry team until around 6pm on Sunday. We volunteer together, we eat together, we hangout as a group in the evenings watching movies and playing games. We have accommodation here for our VAKS and provide all meals and snacks. Application form available at www.knockshrine.ie/support-programmes/youth-programmes/
- Coláiste Mhuire, Ballygar-75th Anniversary Book – We would greatly appreciate if you could forward us your memories of your schooldays in Coláiste Mhuire. If you have any old photos of school tours, sports events, music events, homework copies, school reports or school memories that you would be willing to share we would be very grateful. We would also welcome the submission of articles recounting your memories. They can be dropped into our school office or sent in on Facebook or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Annual General Meeting of Ballygar Tidy Towns will take place on Saturday, May 6th at 8:30pm in the courthouse, Ballygar. Your attendance would be greatly appreciated.
- Active Retirement Meeting – The monthly meeting of Mountbellew and District Active Retirement will be held in the Pastoral Centre Mountbellew on Monday the 1st May at 8pm. All new members welcome.
- Ballygar Community Playschool – As we are full for the coming year, Sept 2023 and have a waiting list, we are considering running an afternoon session, this would be based on demand. If an afternoon session would be of interest, please contact Geraldine on 087-761-7578 or 090-6624123.
- Roscommon Women’s Network – invites you to a FREE open day to explore opportunities of REUSE and REPAIR. At the event you will hear about our new flexible skill building ECCO programme and enjoy demonstrations with lunch included on the day. Join us on FRIDAY 28th APRIL in The Riverside Centre, Athleague, F42K685 from 10am – 1pm. Contact 094 9621690 or 086 8099154 or email email@example.com for further details and register your interest.
- Clothes Collection – All clean reusable clothing, shoes, belts and handbags. NO DUVETS OR PILLOWS. Please drop at the Old School Building, Market Square. The clothes collection will run for the next two weeks. Thank you, Ballygar Learning Group
- Ballygar Ladies Club – meeting next Thursday 27th April @ 8pm in the Courthouse. Guest speaker from Citizens Information. All ladies welcome. Admission €3.
- Moylough Heritage – are hosting a Table Quiz on Friday May 12th at 8pm in Moylough hall. Tables of four €20. Raffle on the night. Come along and enjoy a fun night for all the family.
- Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw – Congratulations to this week’s winner of the Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw Simon Carty on winning €341. Next week’s draw in the Mullins Mountbellew. Thanks to everyone for their continued support every week.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 – Congratulations to Tom Naughton, High Street who won €506 in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns 50/50 Draw. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw Saturday 22nd April in An Tobar.
Ballygar Offertory Collection €1,265.00
Toghergar Offertory Collection €445.00
Newbridge Offertory Collection €709.36
Received with thanks