Ballygar masses can be accessed via the internet on churchtvballygar.ie or via the radio on 105.4fm.
23rd Sunday in Ordinary Time
Saturday 3rd September, 7.30pm – Mickey Duffy and Andy O’Malley, also remember Mick Hernan
Sunday 4th September, 10.30am – People of the Parish
Monday 5th September, 9.30am
Tuesday 6th September, 7.30am – Margaret and Tom Smith Killmore
Thursday 8th September, 9.30am
Friday 9th September, 7.30pm – Deceased members of the Brannelly Family Drinane.
Saturday 10th September, 12pm – Josie Lohan Months Mind
Saturday 10th September, 7.30pm – Niall Walsh Anniversary
Sunday 11th September, 10.30am – People of the Parish
Sunday 4th September, 9.30am – Nancy O’Connor Anniversary
Sunday11th September, 9.30am
Sunday 4th September, 11.30am – Laurence, Johnny and Mick Cunningham and their parents Michael & Delia, Windfield. Michael Martyn, New Inn.
Wednesday 7th September, 8.00pm
Friday 9th September, 8.00pm – Bea Conway, Drumcondra/Castleblakeney, (wife of the late Martin Conway and sister of Phil O’Dowd) – 1st anniversary
Sunday 11th September, 11.30am
Any outstanding offertory or any collection envelopes for Ballygar, Newbridge and Toghergar, please return in the coming weeks. Many thanks.
- Cleaning of Church – The Church cleaning group would be delighted to welcome more volunteers to help with the cleaning of the church. We meet every three weeks on a Saturday morning at 9:30am. Contact Tomás on 086 3683778 if you’d like to help out.
- The Acies Cermony (consecration to our Lady) – takes place in the Sacred Heart Church Roscommon on Sunday September the 11th at 4.00pm. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- The Legion of Mary – meet every Tuesday evening at 8.00pm in the Court House Ballygar. We invite new members to come along.
- Active Retirement Meeting – The monthly meeting of Mountbellew and District Active Retirement will recommence in the Pastoral Centre Mountbellew on Monday 5th September at 8pm. New members always welcome.
- Colaiste Mhuire Ballygar –are running a PLC morning course in Healthcare Support and Special Needs Assisting beginning in mid September. Information on the course is available by contacting the school at 090-662-4740 or on the school website www.colaistemhuire.org
- The Friday Dinner Club – will be back up and running on Friday 2nd September. This is a wonderful way to spend a few hours on a Friday, meeting people and enjoying a freshly prepared hot meal. The club is open to both men and women. For more information, please contact 090-662-4034.
- Meals on Wheels – this service is offered to the parish of BNT. Delicious hot meals are prepared and delivered on a Tuesday and Thursday for a nominal cost. These meals can be tailored to suit your needs. For further information, please contact Teresa on 087-450-2761.
- BNT Playground Committee – wish to say a big Thank You to all who donated items and to all who supported their Bric a Brac Stall on Fair day. €700 was raised which will help cover costs of maintenance and repairs in the Playground.
- Health, Weight & Wellness – is a weekly programme, every Tuesday, online at 8pm. For enquiries contact Mary Lally 0872764539.
- Killyan Graveyard – We the committee would like to thank everyone who bought NAC 50/50 tickets during the month August. Thank you to the people who bought yearly or half yearly ticket in memory of a loved one. If you would like to get involved in the Killyan Graveyard Committee please contact: Jack Lohan ( Chairperson )
087 0617168 or Carmel Gavin ( Secretary)
- Ballygar CE Scheme – Want to get back into work? Don’t know where to start? Check with your local Community Employment Scheme. Mountbellew District Development, based in Ballygar, Newbridge and Mountbellew have a varied number of positions available. No experience necessary, training will be provided. Training is also available to upskill or just renew current skills. You would need to be in receipt of a qualifying DSP payment for more than 12 months, check with your local Intreo Office or call Mountbellew CE office on 090-967 9085 or Ballygar office on 090-6624034 for more information.
- Yoga Classes – recommence in Ballymacward Hall on Thursday September 8th at
10 30 am. All welcome.
- A Special Remembrance Mass will be celebrated on Sunday September 25th at 11.30am in Our Lady of Lourdes Church Caltra in memory of the Late Fr. Brendan Dunning who served as curate in Caltra for a number of years and who died during Covid. The chief celebrant will be Fr. John Mahony PP Ahascragh/Caltra and a Representative of S.M.A order of which Fr Dunning was a member, will deliver the Homily .Members of Fr Dunning’s family will attend. All are welcome.
- Additional Tús Places – There are currently vacancies in a variety of Tús roles in the local area. Tús is a community work placement for those 12 months or more unemployed and in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance, with participants receiving a top-up payment. Completion of the scheme provides employers with evidence of work experience, a reference, and a CV. If you are interested, phone 091 875732 or 087 9335477, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Newbridge 50/50 – Congratulations to this week’s winner of the Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw Anne Murphy Curraghlenagh Kilkerrin on winning €530 & to Gus & Seán on winning the hamper. Next weeks draw will be in Hughes Ballinamore bridge. Thanks to the Graveyard committee for doing draw for month of august and to Killyan Sportsfield for doing the month of September. Thanking everyone for their continued support every week to the draw.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 – Congratulations to Fiona Breslin, Ballygar who won €519 in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns 50/50 Draw. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw takes place in Kennys.