Ballygar masses can be accessed via the internet on churchtvballygar.ie or via the radio on 105.4fm
The Parochial House telephone number is 090-6624637.
6th Sunday of Easter
Saturday 13th May, 7.30pm – Kathleen & Pakie Cuffe and also remember Leo Flynn, his son Francie and deceased family members.
Sunday 14th May, 10.30am – People of the Parish
Monday 15th May, 9.30am
Tuesday 16th May, 7.30pm – Mary & John Small and deceased family members Ward and Small families.
Thursday 18th May, 9.30am
Friday 19th May, 7.30pm – Bridget Mongan birthday remembrance and husband Bernard anniversary.
Saturday 20th May, 730pm – Mary & Tom Carty anniversary.
Sunday 21st May, 10.30am – Ascension of the Lord
Sunday 14th May, 9.30am – Dolly and Martin Heavey, John and Pake Heavey and deceased family members of the Heavey and Fallon families.
Sunday 21st May, 9.30am – Ascension of the Lord
Sunday 14th May, 11.30am. – Andrew Quinn, Ballaghlea; Deceased members of the Lohan family, Killyan.
Wednesday 17th May, 8pm
Friday 19th May, 8pm
Sunday 21st May, 11.30am – First Holy Communion – Windfield N.S
Paddy McDermott, Lissavruggy Anniversary
St. Mary’s Church Ballygar – we would be very grateful if any parishioners would like to donate or contribute to new altar linens and Priests vestments. It has been a considerable length of time since these have been purchased. All donations would be most gratefully received. Please contact Fr. Doughlas. Many thanks to those that have already been in touch
Please remember in your prayers Josephine Ward, Kilcoosh, Newbridge, may she rest in peace. Please also remember Margaret McDonagh, Lowville, Ahascragh mother of Alan McDonagh, may she rest in peace.
- Sixth Sunday of Easter – May 14, 2023 – Prayer of the Faithful for Vocations to the Diocesan Priesthood – ‘Reverence the Lord Christ in your hearts, and always have your answer ready for people who ask you the reason for the hope that you all have.’ (1 Peter 3:15). St Peter writing to the Christian community tells them to be always ready to answer with courtesy and kindness, the reason for our faith in God. We pray for those choosing to give their lives in service as a priest, deacon or religious that they will be always ready to share the reason for their faith and hope. Lord, hear us.
- YOUTH SECTION, Elphin Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes – The Pilgrimage will take place from 23rd August 2023 to the 28th August, 2023. Nominations from parishes throughout the Diocese are being sought for young people to participate in the Youth Section. Nominees aged between 17 and 20 are welcome to participate. Nominees must be 17 years or over on the 22nd August, 2023. Forms are available from the local parish office. All nominees will be representing their parish and expected to participate fully in the Pilgrimage Itinerary. Full details are included on the Nomination Form. Closing date for receipt of completed nominations is the 21st May, 2023.
- ELPHIN DIOCESAN PILGRIMAGE TO LOURDES – ASSISTED PILGRIM SECTION – The Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes will take place from 23rd August 2023 to the 28th August, 2023 inclusive, under the leadership of Bishop Kevin Doran. Pilgrimage Highlights includes Mass at the Grotto, Torchlight and Blessed Sacrament Processions, Anointing of the Sick, Water Ceremony. Flights ex Knock Airport. The Pilgrimage includes the Assisted Pilgrim Section. Those who travel as part of the Assisted Pilgrim Section will stay in Accueil Notre Dame, which is situated near the Grotto and Sanctuary area. They will be cared for by the Elphin Diocesan Pilgrimage Care Team whilst in Lourdes. Application forms for the Assisted Pilgrim Section and full details are available from Very Rev. Ray Milton, P.P., Pilgrimage Director, St. John’s, Lecarrow, Co. Roscommon. (Telephone – 090 6661115). Closing date for receipt of completed Application Forms is Friday, 16th June 2023. All other enquiries in relation to the Pilgrimage can be directed to Joe Walsh Tours (JWT) at 01 2410800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Event in the Mattie McDonagh Centre Ballygar: – Saturday 20th May 10am – 1.00pm Solas FRC Ballygar in collaboration with Galway Rural Development GRD are inviting members from across the parish to avail of the opportunity to find out more about their local services and community groups. Paul Stafford from ALONE, a national organization that enables older people to age at home will provide an overview of the services. John Middleton from Solas Family Resource Centre, Headford, will speak about the value of community input and how services are strengthened by this support at a local level within each community. Tea and refreshments throughout the morning. To find out more contact 085 2521 200 or email email@example.com.
- “Time for Tea with Ballaghlea National School” – On Saturday, 10th June, between 4-6pm, Ballaghlea National School will host a Tea Party. Tickets for this fundraiser are 10euro. All tickets purchased (whether you attend or do not attend) will be entered into a raffle for amazing prizes. Come have a cup of tea with Ballaghlea! All welcome.
- Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw – Congratulations to Margaret Kerrigan Killyan on winning €436.Next week’s draw in Henry’s. Thanks to everyone for their continued support every week, 6 months and yearly envelopes available
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 – Congratulations Daniel Smith, Ballygar who won €602 in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns 50/50 Draw. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw Saturday 13th May in Kennys.
Ballygar Offertory Collection €905.00, Toghergar Offertory Collection €350.00
Newbridge Offertory Collection €750.00 Received with thanks