Ballygar masses can be accessed via the internet on churchtvballygar.ie or via the radio on 105.4fm
The Parochial House telephone number is 090-6624637.
4th Sunday of Lent Mother’s Day
Saturday 18th March, 7.30pm – Mattie Mulrooney & deceased family members, we also remember Joan Hernan whose anniversary is at this time
Sunday 19th March, 10.30am – Mother’s Day, People of the Parish
Monday 20th March, 9.30am
Tuesday 21st March, 7.30pm
Thursday 23rd March, 9.30am
Friday 24th March, 7.30pm – Nonie & Arthur Healy, Cloonlyon
Saturday 25th March – Marriage
Saturday 25th March, 7.30pm – John Fitzmaurice and deceased family members
Remember Mary Ellen & Paddy Tierney Cloonlyon
Sunday 26th March, 10.30am – Chris Murray 2nd Anniversary
Adoration– during the month of March there will be Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, every Friday at 6.30pm in St. Mary’s Church, Ballygar.
Adult Confirmation – any adults who wish to be confirmed in our Parish, please contact Fr. Douglas or call the Parochial House within the next month 090-6624637.
Lentan TROCAIRE Boxes – in the porch, please take one.
Sunday 19th March, 9.30am – Mamie & Johnny Mannion, Ballinamore Bridge
Sunday 26th March, 9.30am – Tess, Bob Kelly& grandson Philip Connelly
Sunday 19th March 11.30am – Maureen Nash (née Lohan), Lisquell and Loughrea;
Delia and Pake Kerrigan, Killyan, and deceased family members, especially Matt Lohan, Clooncunore and New York, who died recently. Peter and Andy Conheeney and deceased family members
Wednesday 22nd March, 7pm
Friday 24th March, 7pm. – Patrick and Ellen Lohan, Gerry Lohan, Mary and Michael Glynn and Jimmy Crehan, Triehill
Sunday 26th March, 11.30am – Kitty Finneran, Killyan; John and Chris Hynes, Tyrur; Mary Ellen Martin, Ballinacor; Delia and John James Crehan, Windfield, and their daughter-in-law, Geraldine Crehan
CONFIRMATION IN NEWBRIDGE CHRUCH – will be celebrated on Tuesday 28th March, at 11am.
- Pope John Paul II Award Pilgrimage to Knock Shrine – takes place on Tuesday, 28 March, starting at 11.00am and concluding with Mass at 2.30pm. Mass will be celebrated by the Award patron, Bishop McKeown. It is open to all 16-18 year-olds.
- The Legion of Mary Acies Ceremony – ‘Consecration of Legionaries to Our Blessed Lady’. Sacred Heart Church, Roscommon town on Sunday 26th March 2023 at 4pm. Light refreshments afterwards at Gleeson’s Restaurant, The Square, Roscommon town. All welcome.
- Connaught P.T.A.A. – Annual afternoon of prayer in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Knock, on Sunday 26th March, from 3pm to 6pm. Please try and have your Centre represented at this Afternoon of Prayer
- Mass of Chrism – Bishop Kevin invites you to attend the Mass of Chrism this Wednesday 5th April at 7.30pm in the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Sligo. During the Mass, Bishop Kevin will bless and consecrate the oils used in the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, Holy Orders and the Sick and the priests of the diocese will renew their commitment to their priestly ministry. All are very welcome to attend.
- World Youth Day with Pope Francis – Bishop Kevin invites young people aged 18 – 35 to join him on pilgrimage to World Youth Day in Lisbon, Portugal 31 July – 8 August 2023. The cost is €850 per person sharing and this includes flights, coach transfers, WYD registration, city centre hotel accommodation for six nights in Lisbon plus two nights in Fatima. Please support young adults from your parish to be part of this once in a lifetime experience with millions of young Catholics from across the world. All the details and how to register are available at https://www.elphindiocese.ie/wyd2023. Please contact Sheena at email@example.com or Fr. Douglas 0892522120 if you have any queries.
- Accord – Accord is currently taking booking for Pre-Marriage courses. Please contact the Sligo Accord Centre at 071-9145641 or www.accord.ie The Pre-Marriage course should be booked at least 6-8 months before the wedding. Also, Marriage counselling services are available by contacting the Accord telephone number. Accord is also recruiting volunteers to train as marriage preparation facilitators. Marriage facilitators are part of a team that prepare couples for the sacrament of marriage. Couples find our courses fun, engaging and very relevant, while facilitators gain valuable life skills. If you are interested, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Building for Children – will hold their Annual General meeting on Friday 24th March at 8pm in Shiven Rovers club house. Anyone interested in getting involved with the charity is welcome to attend.
- Sewing Machine – Would anyone have a sewing machine they no longer use could they donate it. Please contact Carmel.
- The Galway County Ploughing Match – takes place Sunday 19th March 2023 in Killyan Newbridge Co. Galway starting at 12 o’ clock.
- Moylough Ploughing Association – Meeting in O’Boyles Laught Tuesday March 21st at 9.30pm. Anyone wishing to plough in the confined class please attend the meeting.
- Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw – Congratulations to this week’s winner of the Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw Alan Crowe Killyan on winning €475.Next week’s draw in the Shiven Inn. Thanks to everyone for their continued support every week.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 – Congratulations to Laura & Sarah Kelly, Ballygar who won €603 and The Terrible Six c/o Niall Naughton who won the hamper in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns 50/50 Draw. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw Saturday 18th March in Fallons.
Ballygar Offertory Collection €1,015.00
Toghergar Offertory Collection €345.00
Newbridge Offertory Collection €1,076.00
Received with thanks.