Ballygar masses can be accessed via the internet on churchtvballygar.ie or via the radio on 105.4fm.
2nd Week of Easter Divine Mercy Sunday
Saturday 23rd April 7.30pm – Annie & Mick Killilea and son Micheal.
Sunday 24th April 10.30am – Divine Mercy Sunday
Tuesday 26th April 7.30pm –
Friday 29th April 7.30pm – Patrick and Kathleen Cuffe, son Jimmy and Maureen Connell
Saturday 30th April 12pm – Bredge Murphy Months Mind
Saturday 30th April 7.30pm – Leo Flynn and deceased family members
Sunday 1st May 10.30am – People of the Parish
Monday 2nd May 9.30am
Tuesday 3rd May 7.30pm – Pake and Mary Lohan
Thursday 5th Mary 9.30am –
Friday 6th May 7.30pm – Katie and Pake Mannion and deceased family members
Saturday 7th May 7.30pm – Tom Nolan, Ruane
Sunday 8th Mary 10.30am – People of the Parish
Sunday 24th April 9.30am – Teresa & Paddy Hannon and deceased family members of the Quinn and Hannon families
Sunday 1st May 9.30am – Dolly and Martin Heavey, Pake Heavey, John and Bridie and deceased family members of the Heavey and Fallon Families
Sunday 8th Mary 9.30am – Katie and Mike Quinn and deceased family members
Sunday 24th April 11.00 am – Bob Cunningham, Newbridge; Laurence Murray, Kilclough.
Wednesday 27th April – No Mass
Friday 29th April, 8 pm – Brigid, Pake and Gerard Noone, Rookhill
Sunday 1st May 11.30 am – Tom and Annie Clarke, Toomard;
Patrick Connolly, Creeveroe; Helena Hynes Greally, Tonacor and Killyan
Pakie and Julie Kenny, Larry and Bridget Kenny, Rushestown;
Mike and Evelyn Kilcommins, Nora Kilcommins, Tim Kilcommins, Lisquell West;
Wednesday 4th May 8pm –
Friday 6th May 8pm –
Sunday 8th May 11.30 am – Jimmy Lyons, Curraghduff;
Frank Kelly, Cloughbrack, and deceased members of Kelly and Quinn families.
Please remember in your prayers Michael Anthony Kelly, Ballygar and Dom Kevin Daly, Cistercian Community and Katie Moran, Athenry may they rest in peace.
The priest of the Parish would like to sincerely thank all that contributed to the Easter collection for the Priests.
- Trocaire 2022 – reminder that all Trocaire boxes to be returned as soon as possible.
- Galway Centre for Independent Living – have being supply caring/assisting services to older persons and to persons with disabilities since 1994. Due to an increased demand for our services in homecare and our personal assistance service to people with disabilities we are not recruiting in your area. If you have QQI Healthcare Award and experience we offer €14.50 per hour. Please forward CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Ann on 091-77-3910
- Parent & Toddler Group – is on every Tuesday at 11am till 1pm in The Old School, The Square, Ballygar. Pop in for a friendly chat and a cuppa. Everyone is welcome and looking forward to seeing you all again.
- The Friday Dinner club is up and running in the Old School, The Square, Ballygar. This is an enjoyable way to spend a few hours on a Friday afternoon in good company and good food. Please contact 090-6624034 for further details.
- Community Knitting and Sewing group is up and running. We meet every Wednesday from 10am to 12pm in the Old School, The Square. Contact Ann on 085-873-6421 for more information. All welcome.
- Shiven Rovers Car Boot Sale – Car Boot Sale in Shiven Rovers Grounds Eircode H53NP70 on Sunday May 1st. and continues on the first Sunday of every month. Admission is Free. Gates open at 8am to start at 10am until 1pm. €10 car €15 van/trailer includes a free tea/coffee. Vans with second hand tools/chainsaws and other petrol powered tools are not allowed.
- Newbridge 50/50 –Congratulations to this weeks winner of the 50/50 draw Alan Carty Toomard who won€501& the prepaid envelope winner Evelyn Cunningham €100& Easter winner Una & Eamonn Crehan. Next weeks draw is in the Thatch Bar Ballygar.
This month fund going to installing a defibrillator in the village of Newbridge. So there will be 2 defibrillators in the parish -one at Shiven Rovers servicing Killyan Sportsfield, Shiven Rovers and nearby area and one in the village of Newbridge.
If you have notices for the newsletter please send to email@example.com before Wednesday at 12pm. Currently the newsletter is every 2nd week.