Ballygar masses can be accessed via the internet on churchtvballygar.ie or via the radio on 105.4fm.
Our new Parish Priest, Fr. Douglas John Zaggi can be contacted
on 089-252-2120 or email email@example.com
29th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Saturday 15th October, 7.30pm – Mary & Ned Hevehan
Sunday 16th October, 10.30am – People of the Parish,
Remember John Smith Anniversary (England)
Monday 17th October, 9.30am
Tuesday 18th October, 7.30pm – Bridie & John Looby
Thursday 20th October, 9.30am
Friday 21st October, 7.30pm
Saturday 22nd October, 12pm – Josephine Nolan Months Mind
Saturday 22nd October, 7.30pm – Margaret & Michael Hannon
Sunday 23rd October, 10.30am – Mission Sunday, People of the Parish
Sunday 16th October, 9.30am – Matt Kilroy (California) & Cloonascarberry
Sunday 23rd October, 9.30am – Tommy Lee and deceased family members of the Lee and Cormican Families.
Sunday 16th October, 11.30am – Paddy and Mary Hynes, Tonacor;
Tom and Mary Hannigan, Ballygar; Tommie and Agnes Crehan, Cloonshivna
Wednesday 19th October, 7.00 pm
Friday 21st October – No Mass
Sunday 23rd October, 11.30 a.m. – Teresa Lyons, Curraghduff (First Anniversary), Jimmy Lyons and deceased members of the Lyons, Collins and Flynn families; Ann Kelly, Gurteen
Please note: Mass for All our Faithful Departed, especially those who went
home to God in the past twelve months, will be celebrated on Sunday, 20th November,
at 11.30 a.m.
Sick and housebound – those within our community with a family member either sick or housebound, who would like Fr. Douglas to visit, he would welcome an opportunity to visit and connect. Please call the house on 090-6624637.
- Ballygar Carnival – Ballygar Carnival AGM takes place this Saturday, November 12th, in the Mattie McDonagh Centre at 8.30pm. All are welcome to attend.
- Elphin diocese’s Adult Faith Formation – Over coming weeks a number of parishes throughout the diocese will host a short in-person course entitled ‘Reading and Praying with St. Paul’. More details available @ www.elphindiocese.ie/st-paul. It’s a lovely course and I believe all who opt for it will find it very engaging, life-giving and enjoyable.
- ROSCOMMON THEO-TALKS – First session of Roscommon TheoTalks to be held on Wednesday, 19th October 7. 30pm-8.45pm in St Comán’s Wood Primary School, Conference Room, Roscommon Town (near church carpark). Theme: Living Christian Faith in Today’s World: What do the Gospels have to say to our world today? Speaker: Very Rev. Michael Drumm PP, Rosses Point. All Welcome. For further information, please contact Una Feeley (Catechist) (0863805494); Fr. Pravin Dhason (0894523322) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Legion of Mary – meet every Tuesday evening at 8.00pm in the Court House Ballygar. We invite new members to come along.
- Colaiste Mhuire Ballygar –are running a PLC morning course in Healthcare Support and Special Needs Assisting beginning in mid-September. Information on the course is available by contacting the school at 090-662-4740 or on the school website www.colaistemhuire.org.
- Rural Social Scheme – The Rural Social Scheme (RSS), which provides supplementary income support for farmers in receipt of social welfare payments in return for part-time employment in their community, is now open for applications. The Scheme has a variety of work placements to suit different interests and skills. For more details, phone 091 875732 or email email@example.com.
- Coláiste an Chreagáin will hold an Open Day for incoming First Year students 2023 -2024 on Saturday October 22nd from 10am to 1pm. We are inviting 4th, 5th and 6th year students along with their families to view our fabulous school where you will have an opportunity to meet staff and students through our guided tours. We want to support you in taking the next step in your Child’s education. Enrolment forms available on www.colaisteanchreagain.com or alternatively contact us at 09096 79231 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MOYLOUGH TRACTOR RUN – Moylough Tractor Run in aid of Moylough Defibrillator Group will take place on Sunday 23rd October 2022. Registration at 9.30am and departing from Moylough Church at 11am. Entry €20. Lots of sport prizes to be won. For more information visit Moylough Defibrillation Group Facebook page http//:www.Facebook.com/Moyloughdefib/
- Kilkerrin Clonberne CE Scheme Vacancies – Vacancies on CE Schemes for a secretary in Glenamaddy, General Operatives and Environmental Workers and also for painters, carpenters, within Clonberne, Moylough and Barnaderg/Killererin areas. If you are on long term unemployment and think you qualify, Contact: Martin Hennelly 087 2265711, Chris Dolan 085 1407687 or Patrick Stone 087 2478617.
- Ballygar Graveyard has undergone an extensive upgrade with further plans for footpaths to the new extension. The works will include tarmacadam access to the extended area. There is further maintenance needed ie hedge cutting, weeding and attending to graves. To assist with these works Ballygar Graveyard Committee would appreciate any donations towards these costs. Donations can be lodged directly to Bank Account at Bank of Ireland Ballygar/Mountbellew BANIE60BOFI90370111591651
Ballygar Graveyard or by post to Mary Geraghty, Mount Mary, Ballygar, Co. Galway. Tel: 0876807275. Thanking you in anticipation.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 – This weekend’s Ballygar Tidy Towns/St Brendan’s LFC 50/50 lotto will be postponed to Saturday week 15th October. All envelopes purchased for this weekend’s draw will be included next week. Prepaid envelopes will be included twice to cover the two weeks on the 15th.
Ballygar Offertory Collection €550.00
Toghergar Offertory Collection €270.00
Newbridge Offertory Collection €720.45
Received with thanks.