Ballygar masses can be accessed via the internet on churchtvballygar.ie or via the radio on 105.4fm.
21st Sunday in Ordinary Time
Saturday 20th August, 7.30pm – Geraldine Naughton and her father Tommy Naughton
Sunday 21st August, 10.30am – People of the Parish
Monday 22nd August, 9.30am
Tuesday 23rd August, 7.30pm
Thursday 25th August, 7.30pm – Bella O’Reilly, Months Mind
Friday 26th August, 7.30pm – Frank Kelleher
Saturday 27th August, 7.30pm – Tommy Hanley
Sunday 28th August, 10.30am – People of the Parish
Sunday 21st August, 9.30am
Sunday 28th August, 9.30am
Sunday, 21st August, 11.30am – Bríd Martin, Ballinacor and Galway – first anniversary, Jimmy Joe and Bea Murphy, Curraghduff
Wednesday 24th August, 8pm
Friday 26th August, 8pm
Sunday 28th August, 11.30am – Delia and Martin Collins, Curraghduff
Wednesday 31st August, 8pm
Friday 2nd September, 8pm
Sunday 4th September, 11.30am – Laurence, Johnny and Mick Cunningham and their parents Michael & Delia, Windfield. Michael Martyn, New Inn.
- Cleaning of Church – The Church cleaning group would be delighted to welcome more volunteers to help with the cleaning of the church. We meet every three weeks on a Saturday morning at 9:30am. Contact Tomás on 086 3683778 if you’d like to help out.
- Meals on Wheels – this service is offered to the parish of BNT. Delicious hot meals are prepared and delivered on a Tuesday and Thursday for a nominal cost. These meals can be tailored to suit your needs. For further information, please contact Teresa on 087-450-2761.
- Ballygar CE Scheme – Want to get back into work? Don’t know where to start? Check with your local Community Employment Scheme. Mountbellew District Development, based in Ballygar, Newbridge and Mountbellew have a varied number of positions available. No experience necessary, training will be provided. Training is also available to upskill or just renew current skills. You would need to be in receipt of a qualifying DSP payment for more than 12 months, check with your local Intreo Office or call Mountbellew CE office on 090-967 9085 or Ballygar office on 090-6624034 for more information.
- A Special Remembrance Mass will be celebrated on Sunday September 25th at 11.30am in Our Lady of Lourdes Church Caltra in memory of the Late Fr. Brendan Dunning who served as curate in Caltra for a number of years and who died during Covid. The chief celebrant will be Fr. John Mahony PP Ahascragh/Caltra and a Representative of S.M.A order of which Fr Dunning was a member, will deliver the Homily .Members of Fr Dunning’s family will attend. All are welcome.
- Additional Tús Places – There are currently vacancies in a variety of Tús roles in the local area. Tús is a community work placement for those 12 months or more unemployed and in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance, with participants receiving a top-up payment. Completion of the scheme provides employers with evidence of work experience, a reference, and a CV. If you are interested, phone 091 875732 or 087 9335477, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Newbridge 50/50 – Congratulations to this weeks winner of the Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw Dympna O’Brien, Newbridge who won €610. Next week’s draw in Henry’s. Extra prizes added next week and extra draw for all 6 month and yearly ticket holders. Thank you to Killyan Graveyard Committee for running the draw this month& thanks to everyone for their continued support every week.
- Shiven Rovers 50th. Anniversary Draw Main Prize: Trip for two to Liverpool, flights, accommodation and match tickets. Second Prize 2 tickets to Manchester United and €300 cash. 3rd Prize: 2 Tickets to Arsenal Game: 4th. Prize 2 Tickets to Newcastle United Game: 5th. Prize 2 Tickets to Aston Villa Game; 6th. Prize Hotel Break in Ireland for 2 and 7th. Prize Spa Treatment & Meal for 2 in Shearwater Hotel, Ballinasloe. Tickets only €10 each or 6 for €50.00 available in local shops or from any committee member or managers or buy online: 6 ticket €10 https://buy.stripe.com/7sl7sOchj5B56kg3cd
6 tickets €50 https://buy.stripe.com/6oEfZk5SV4x1bEA8ww
Draw will take place in Shiven Inn, Newbridge on Saturday 3rd Sept with music.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 – Congratulations to Aoife McDonagh, Tully who won €514 in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns 50/50 Draw. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw takes place in Martins.