Ballygar masses can be accessed via the internet on churchtvballygar.ie or via the radio on 105.4fm.
18th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Saturday 30th July, 7.30pm – Kevin Nolan Anniversary
Sunday 31st July, 10.30am – People of the Parish
Monday 1st August, 9.30am
Tuesday 2nd August, 7.30pm
Thursday 4th August, 9.30am
Friday 5th August, 7.30pm – Marie O’Halloran and deceased family members
Saturday 6th August, 7.30pm – Noreen Reilly Killiea
Sunday 7th August, 10.30am – People of the Parish
Sunday 31st July, 9.30am – Maureen Hughes
Sunday 7th August, 9.30am – Nora & Martin Kelly
Sunday 31st July, 11.30 am – Pake and Mary Doyle, Creeveroe
Wednesday 3rd August, 8.00pm
Friday 5th August, 8.00pm– Thomas and Bridget Crehan, Curraghduff
Sunday 7th August, 11.30am – John Joe and Peggie Kelly, Creeveroe
FR. MICHAEL WILL VISIT THE SICK AND HOUSEBOUND ON FRIDAY THE 5TH AUGUST, MORNING AND AFTERNOON. IF YOU WOULD LIKE A CALL, PLEASE TELEPHONE 90-662-4637.
Please remember in your prayers, Bella O’Reilly, Tryhill, Balllinamore and Dublin.
Congratulations and best wishes to Ballygar Carnival Committee in their 78th year and welcome home all visitors and natives.
- New Readers’ List – The new readers’ list for St Marys Church Ballygar has been emailed to all readers. There will be a hard copy in the porch also if you’d like to pick one up.
- Cleaning of Church – The Church cleaning group would be delighted to welcome more volunteers to help with the cleaning of the church. We meet every three weeks on a Saturday morning at 9:30am. Contact Tomás on 086 3683778 if you’d like to help out.
- Killyan Graveyard Mass – will be celebrated by Fr. Louis and Fr. Tommy in the graveyard on Sunday 14th August at 11.30am. It has been three years since we were last able to have Mass in the graveyard. We need to ensure that the graveyards are looking their best on that day. Would everyone please help in the clean up on Friday 5th August at 7pm and Friday 12th August at 7pm. Thank you very much for helping to keep Killyan Graveyard looking beautiful.
- Ballygar CE Scheme – Want to get back into work? Don’t know where to start? Check with your local Community Employment Scheme. Mountbellew District Development, based in Ballygar, Newbridge and Mountbellew have a varied number of positions available. No experience necessary, training will be provided. Training is also available to upskill or just renew current skills. You would need to be in receipt of a qualifying DSP payment for more than 12 months, check with your local Intreo Office or call Mountbellew CE office on 090-967 9085 or Ballygar office on 090-6624034 for more information.
- BNT Playground Committee – Carnival Fair Day (Aug 1st) Bric a Brac Stall. BNT Playground Committee are collecting Unwanted gifts, Toys, Lego, Books, Household items or anything that can be sold to help raise funds for our local playground. For Collection or Delivery please contact Helen 0863491877 or Julianna 0860794899
- Accommodation required for Mountbellew Agricultural College – for incoming students from September 2022. For more details please contact the college on 0909679205 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meals on Wheels – this service is offered to the parish of BNT. Delicious hot meals are prepared and delivered on a Tuesday and Thursday for a nominal cost. These meals can be tailored to suit your needs. For further information, please contact Teresa on 087-450-2761.
- Additional Tús Places – There are currently vacancies in a variety of Tús roles in the local area. Tús is a community work placement for those 12 months or more unemployed and in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance, with participants receiving a top-up payment and other supports. If you are interested, phone 091 875732 or 087 9335477, or email email@example.com.
- Heritage Week Booklets – Among the Heritage Week charity booklets this year are those on the 1923 and 1925 Galway All-Ireland winning hurling and football sides. The booklets are €10 each with all proceeds going to support the RSS and Tús Schemes in the county. For more, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Newbridge 50/50 – Congratulations to this weeks winner of the Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw John Murphy & Joel O’Neill Newbridge on winning €458. Next week draw will be in the Thatch Bar Ballygar. Thanks to everyone for their continued support every week.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns 50/50 – Congratulations to Christina Kelly, Dysart who won €504 in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns 50/50 Draw. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw takes place in Morans. To celebrate our 9th ANNIVERSARY we have the following prizes – €1000 GUARANTEED, 1 HAMPER &1 FREE ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP WORTH €100.