Ballygar masses can be accessed via the internet on churchtvballygar.ie or via the radio on 105.4fm
The Parochial House telephone number is 090-6624637, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
14th Sunday in Ordinary time
Saturday 8th July, 7.30pm – Josie Mannion 3rd Anniversary
Sunday 9th July, 10.30am – Bernard Loughnane and deceased family members
Monday 10th July, 9.30am
Tuesday 11th July, 7.30pm
Thursday 13th July, 9.30am – Michael Flynn, Islandcase Anniversary
Friday 14th July, 7.30pm – Special Intention
Saturday 15th July, 7.30pm – Frank Pettit, please remember Teresa Lohan, Ruane Anniversary
Sunday 16th July, 10.30am – People of the Parish
Sunday 9th July, 9.30am
Sunday 16th July, 9.30am
Sunday 9th July, 11.30am – Paddy, Martie, Mark and Mary Ellen Crehan, Cappagh, and deceased members of the Crehan, Clarke and Lohan families, Kilclough
Wednesday 12th July, 8pm – Fr. Tom Beirne (7th anniversary)
Friday 14th July, 8pm – Tom and Margaret Crehan, Larry Crehan and deceased members of the Crehan and Connolly families
Sunday 16th July, 11.30am – Pat Kilgannon, Michael and Nora Lynch, Cloughbrack
A special thank you to all who have contributed to the purchase of new Priests Vestments and altar linens. The vestments have been purchased and the altar linen will be purchased in the coming weeks.
For those wishing to book mass for Ballygar and Toghergar for the coming weeks, please telephone the Parochial House Monday or Thursday mornings from 10am to 12pm on 090-6624637.
- The National Grandparents’ Pilgrimage – will take place in Knock on Sunday 23 July – the World Day for Grandparents and the Elderly. All are welcome for this wonderful celebration of family and faith through the generations. The Principal Celebrant and Homilist will be Bishop Denis Nulty, Bishop of Kildare and Leighlin and Chair of the Bishops’ Council for Marriage and the Family. Music will be by the combined choirs of Knock Shrine who will be joined by Dana. ALL ARE WELCOME! For more information see www.catholicgrandparentsassociation.org
- Ballygar Cemetery – Mass will be held in Ballygar Cemetery on Sunday 13th August 2023 at 10.30am, weather permitting.
- Killyan Graveyard Annual Mass – will be celebrated at the graveyard on Sunday, 30th July, at 11.30 a.m. In the weeks beforehand, when you are tending the graves of your loved ones, please consider giving a little of your time to tidy the section of path/area nearby and the grave(s) which no longer have anyone left to tend to them. Thank you.
- Shiven Rovers Summer BBQ & Auction – in the Shiven Inn on Saturday 15th July. Tickets €10 each. Music by Steve Reilly: Food served from 8.30 pm to 10.30 pm. Tickets available from Club members.
- Happy Feet Foot Clinic by Deirdre Moran will be at Ballygar Pharmacy on Thursday 13th July. Contact Deirdre for appointment on 09096 23430.
- Ballygar Mental Health Awareness & Promotion – is a new Facebook page for the community- run by Louise Holian, it includes resources, info where you can access mental health related trainings and webinars from local and national organisation’s, info re counselling services and where to go for support both online and in person, podcasts and Youtube videos which may be useful and tips for positive coping strategies which may help getting through the day or the week. The aim is to reduce the stigma and for everyone to know they are not alone and help is always at hand whatever you may be going through. Louise who has lived experience herself and is currently studying Counselling & Psychotherapy is also always at the other end of a message too if anyone needs a chat. Please support and follow the page if on Facebook.
- MOUNTBELLEW VINTAGE CLUB SHOW – takes place on 30th July. All inquiries to Mike Joe Cunningham on 086 1016748. Also Club meeting every Friday night at 9.30pm in the Mountbellew Mart Canteen. New Members always welcome. Contact Fergal on 087 6725957, Eugene on 087-6401972 or Mike Joe on 086 1016748 for further information.
- Newbridge Action Committee 50/50 draw – Congratulations Kitty Goolsby Mississippi USA on winning €550 Next week’s draw in the bridge bar Mountbellew. Thanks to everyone for their continued support every week, 6 months and yearly envelopes available from committee members. Next month Newbridge Action Committee host the draw for month of July & Thanks to the nature trail committee for hosting it for month of June.
- Ballygar Tidy Towns & St. Brendan’s Ladies 50/50 10th Year Anniversary – Congratulations to Margaret Hannigan Popp, Lisquell who won €568 in this week’s St Brendan’s Ladies Football Club & Ballygar Tidy Towns Lotto. Thanks to all who are supporting the draw and all the businesses who are selling the tickets. Next week’s draw Saturday 8th July in Hughes.
Ballygar Offertory Collection €820.00, Formation of Future Priests €325.00
Toghergar Offertory Collection €365.00, Formation of Future Priests €130.00
Newbridge Offertory Collection €1,067.09, Formation of Future Priests €264.00
Received with thanks